Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplfi 2.60 not available for Kindle devices

dibber

The Kindle store is managed by Amazon, not Google. I do not think Line 6 is ignoring Kindle on purpose, they might just be at the mercy of Amazon here.

Are you able to side-load APKs on the Kindle? I do not own one, so I am unable to test it myself.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Kindle store is managed by Amazon, not Google. I do not think Line 6 is ignoring Kindle on purpose, they might just be at the mercy of Amazon here.

Are you able to side-load APKs on the Kindle? I do not own one, so I am unable to test it myself.

Agreed. I have sideloaded a lot of APK apps. You have to have at least an Android based cell phone linked to the Google Play store. If so then backup the app using ES File Explorer app tools utility and then you will have the APK file which you can then upload (share) to your dropbox/box cloud account and then pull down onto your Kindle HD/HDX (tablet) to load/run the APK file to install any / most apps on your Fire. I did this all the time when I only had my Android phone and KIndle Fire HDX tablet but no Android tablet. I now have a real Samsung Tab A Android tablet so I can run direct apps from the Google Play store but yes side loading is your best friend. If you dont know how to do it there should be plenty of how to videos and net blog posts showing a step by step direction

An unfortunate side effect of sideloading APKs is that they will not update automatically (as there is no Google Play store on the Kindle to update them). So every time an update to an app is released, you have to export to SD Card/Dropbox/whatever account and sideload again. Just more work, I guess.