Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recommendation for type of castor wheels on Firehawk FH1500 amp

yogi63

Do you have any recommendations on what type of castor wheels to put on Firehawk FH1500.

Concerned about how well screws will hold on base of amp or nut and bolt type. Any advice would be grateful. When is trolley case going to be available in the UK.?

• 1 year later...

I used a roller dolly transport and you can find this in ebay with measurement 68x29 cm. FH 1500 dimension = 66.14 x 28.8 cm so closely match. Just use a strong velcro to attach it and to save space.  The line 6 gig bag is expensive and I would rather put it towards acquiring helix. :)

It depends a bit on what size and usage. I've the Ernie Ball pop in casters on a couple of heavy combos and haven't had any issues but I am not using the 2" wheels for going through a parking lot. :)

I picked up a set of these: Reliable Hardware Company RH-9006-SET 2" pop in casters of Amazon for $16-17 and TBH I think they are identical to the Ernie Balls. They have held up well for a ~ 70 lb combo.

Now if you are talking gig transport with some mammoth wheels then others will have to chime in.

Thanks. 

I'll need to find something in Europe though and I think i just did at another thread: https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_trolly_f_stagepas_500.htm

I'll need to check the dimensions first to be sure but they said it will fit the FH1500 + Pedalboard

That looks great. I'd be concerned about how it handles the weight of the 1500. Keep us posted.

Yeah I am a bit worried myself, though the equipment it's made for weighs 28 to 30 Kg.

I guess 35 Kg shouldn't be a big problem. 

I'm not getting it really soon but will keep you posted when I do.