Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

cloud tones

colinwoods84

Tones for the Spider V are available directly from the Spider Remote App. Click the tone icon at the bottom the select cloud at the top. Sometimes the list is empty so just enter a few letters in the search box there is lots of presets. For example search for Ola to find the tones from Ola Englund.

All of the sounds that were made with AMPLIFi products will load into Spider V.  So there are a massive number of tones on the could that you can access with the Spider Remote APP.

If you are referring to the downloadable tones on our website, customtone.com, then you are correct that those tones are not comparable with Spider V amps.  Those presets correspond to other products that do no have a remote editor and access to the tone cloud.

• 1 month later...

I cannot figure out how to take a tone from the cloud and download it onto mu spider V 240 2X12.

If anyone knows could you please share?

Once you find a tone on the cloud you can save it from either the tones menu where you found it, or in the edit menu. Simply look for the "share" icon; on iOS its a box with an arrow extending out of it, Android will have a different "share" icon. Simply hit the "share" button and a menu should pop up with the option to save the tone onto your Spider V

I'd like to see better search options for tones. Preferably with filters. Some people have been posting really cool advice for creating patches and left their author names. Plus I have downloaded a couple of fantastic patches and noted the authors name. But there is no way to see what other stuff either of those people have created.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see better search options for tones. Preferably with filters. Some people have been posting really cool advice for creating patches and left their author names. Plus I have downloaded a couple of fantastic patches and noted the authors name. But there is no way to see what other stuff either of those people have created.

I agree 100%, better search and filters would be nice. For example I would like to see tones with a 4 or 5 star rating with more than 20 votes.

• Like 2

You can search by a person's username to see all the tones someone has posted to the cloud. If you like to see more advanced search functionality with the app, consider posting and voting on ideas on https://line6.ideascale.com . Line6 ideascale is website where end users can post and vote on product suggestions for existing and future products. Line 6 product managers do look at ideascale, so it is the best spot to make feature requests. 

• 2 months later...

ok so i load the remote app on my android phone. NOw how do I connect my android phone, in this a Samsung, with a special connector to the spider V square USB connector? Adapter cable? When I try and connect my android using it''s own USB with the regular usb connector on one end and the SS connector on the other it says 
"Unsupported device"!?

ok so i load the remote app on my android phone. NOw how do I connect my android phone, in this a Samsung, with a special connector to the spider V square USB connector? Adapter cable? When I try and connect my android using it''s own USB with the regular usb connector on one end and the SS connector on the other it says 

"Unsupported device"!?

Most users find they need an OTG adaptor to connect Android devices to Spider V. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i dont own a phone right now. ive been trying for an hour to figure out this customtone lollipop with my amp but there is no custom tones for any spider V's. what am i supposed to do without a phone? i bought this amp BECAUSE it said it was compatible with computers

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...

Yes it is compatible with pcs, BUT what they dont tell you is that the pc remote app doesnt let you download patches from the cloud, I too found this annoying and I wish they had been Crystal clear about that.

BUT, if you already bought the amp,  all you need is a cheap smartphone, $40 will get you a cheap smart phone on a pay as you go plan 35$ a month, then you can use the app and download tones, for now, it is the only way.

I just ordered and received my OTG cable, (on the go cable) that goes from type a female to a mini usb, so you can connect an android phone to the amp, dont forget to hit the switch on the back of the amp for ios or android.

God luck

I can not download any patches, my android device passes the compatibility test but everytime I go to save one, it says device not connected and I have to back out and start over nad re connect then once I know I am connected, I hit tones, and poof, gone, no device, over and over, what is going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did get it set up, and as long as I look at cloud tones, I can press edit and then copy the settings down to a pad and paper, and then go back and manually enter them,  thats fun.

At least I can access the cloud patches and then put them in, so my app and phone works, and does everything except download patches;

Also somehow I did manage to download one patch and it is in "my tones"

I am not sure how that happened or how to do that again, I cant seem to get anywhere with the cloud patches otherwise.

I was able to fix it and now the app works perfectly on my Android S5 

I just had to un-install it , then re install it now it works as it should.

Just run the compatibility test then if your device has the ability to do it, try the un-installing.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am a Senior Guitar player and cannot get downloads on my computer when my Line 6 Spider V is connected to the Line 6 amp/pedals change site and I cannot get my 5  year old Apple Ipad to connect to the spider site at all.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Michael Thornton (Malan)

Australia

• 2 months later...

I have a Samsung S8 Phone.  I can get Tones from the cloud for my V120 , I bought a Cable with a C connector to phone and a Printer type connector to connect to my Spider v120. The App shows "Connected To Spider V120.   I select the tone Johnny B good and the Select edit, when in Edit , I can select Save icon , and I am given some choices. I select Spider V120 and then the app says "Downloading" ...I see this "Downloading "message on my phone for quite a while....I am connected by high Speed WIFI -  After about 20 minutes , the "Downloading" messagfe dissapears. I cant find Johnny b Good on amp anywhere and phone is locked up. tried on wifes identical phone , exact same crrap. HELP - Can we please get Remote App on my Computer to access the Cloud for my tones and make this all a lot simpler. The phone app just doesn't work for a lot of us. Besides i would much rather use my Computers 24" screen then mess with this dumb phone app.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2018 at 5:48 PM, RodeoRanger said:

I have a Samsung S8 Phone.  I can get Tones from the cloud for my V120 , I bought a Cable with a C connector to phone and a Printer type connector to connect to my Spider v120. The App shows "Connected To Spider V120.   I select the tone Johnny B good and the Select edit, when in Edit , I can select Save icon , and I am given some choices. I select Spider V120 and then the app says "Downloading" ...I see this "Downloading "message on my phone for quite a while....I am connected by high Speed WIFI -  After about 20 minutes , the "Downloading" messagfe dissapears. I cant find Johnny b Good on amp anywhere and phone is locked up. tried on wifes identical phone , exact same crrap. HELP - Can we please get Remote App on my Computer to access the Cloud for my tones and make this all a lot simpler. The phone app just doesn't work for a lot of us. Besides i would much rather use my Computers 24" screen then mess with this dumb phone app.

This is my experience too. The S8 is not exactly a knockoff Android Phone, it is a flagship device. Come on Line 6, get at least the Samsung family of devices to work consistently with the Spider V amps. 

• 7 months later...