Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Joystick Rotation Model Selection Bug?

MusicLaw

Rotating the Joystick knob is not responding normally in the following scenario:

â— Press the Amp Button to Select the Amp+Cab or Amp Block. (Mine are in position's 2 and 3, respectively, of Path 1 but this may not matter).

â— Use the Joystick to move Left to Select the Input Block. (Mine is set to default Multi, but this may not matter).

â— Press the Amp Button 1x to Select the Amp+Cab Block, or 2x to Select the Amp Block.

â— Rotate the Joystick, one increment Counter Clockwise.

â— The display's lower portion abruptly changes to Wah Conductor -- out of the Amp+Cab or Amp Models!? Then, rotate one click clockwise and the display jumps to IR <Empty>. (I have no IRs installed, but this may not matter).

â— Rotate Preset knob either direction one click, then back one click to return to original Preset.

â— Rinse and Repeat! This is repeatable behavior. It may be a bug.

Note: If the Joystick is originally rotated Clockwise one Click (rather than counter clockwise), the display's lower portion jumps to Volume/Pan Volume Pedal. Then, when rotated back counter clockwise one click, the display jumps to IR <Empty>.

See if you can replicate this on your Helix.

Mine's running fw 2.10.

Not connected to a computer.

The Amp+Cab and Amp Blocks I have in my Preset are both US Double Nrm. The Amp+Cab Block is enabled, the Amb Block is bypassed (but this may not matter, as reversing their respective bypass status does not alter the odd joystick rotation model selection behavior). I also have a Cab Block set for the 2x12 Double C12N in position 4 following the Amp Block.

If others find this same behavior, I'll submit a Support Ticket.

Rotating the Joystick knob is not responding normally in the following scenario:

â— Press the Amp Button to Select the Amp+Cab or Amp Block. (Mine are in position's 2 and 3, respectively, of Path 1 but this may not matter).

â— Use the Joystick to move Left to Select the Input Block. (Mine is set to default Multi, but this may not matter).

â— Press the Amp Button 1x to Select the Amp+Cab Block, or 2x to Select the Amp Block.

â— The display's lower portion abruptly changes to Wah Conductor -- out of the Amp+Cab or Amp Models!? Then, rotate one click clockwise and the display jumps to IR <Empty>. (I have no IRs installed, but this may not matter).

â— Rotate Preset knob either direction one click, then back one click to return to original Preset.

Note: If the Joystick is originally rotated Clockwise one Click (rather than counter clockwise), the display's lower portion jumps to Volume/Pan Volume Pedal. Then, when rotated back counter clockwise one click, the display jumps to IR <Empty>.

Mine's running fw 2.10.

The Amp+Cab and Amp Blocks I have in my Preset are both US Double Nrm. The Amp+Cab Block is enabled, the Amb Block is bypassed (but this may not matter, as reversing their respective bypass status does not alter the odd joystick rotation model selection behavior). I also have a Cab Block set for the 2x12 Double C12N in position 4 following the Amp Block.

Followed your instructions to the letter and I cannot replicate this bug. I am also running firmware 2.10.

Confirmed I was using Templates 06A New Preset.

This time, I created a new Preset using Templates New Preset 06B.

Results are identical.

All in Path 1

Default Input Block (multi)

Looper (mono) in Block pos 1 (bypassed)

US Double Nrm Amp+Cab in Block pos 2 (enabled)

US Double Nrm Amp in Block pos 3 (bypassed)

2X12 Double C12N in Block pos 4 (bypassed)

Save Preset using a custom name

Select Input Block

Press Amp Button

Rotate Joystick one click (either direction).

Originally depicted symptom presents.

Recreated 100% exactly as you described by following above exactly.

Going to that amp another method (joystick, NOT starting from input block) gives expected result of scrolling to next back/forward amp model.

Starting from input block as 'parking' spot for the 'cursor,' and jumping to the amp block via the AMP button, results in the above improper behaviour.

My preset was made at position one of my otherwise empty Setlist 7 (the only technical 'deviation' from the above).

I'm using Helix Rack/Control, with current firmware 2.10.

Mine's running fw 2.10.

Tried some additional presets including Templates 06A and definitely seeing the strange behavior you were seeing now. I think this is a legitimate bug. You should submit this one to Line6.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting; at this prompting, I just did the same experiment, and the odd behavior did NOT present itself; the amp/cab models simply scrolled through as they ought to.

As above, using Helix Rack/Control and as of this experiment, running firmware 2.11

Interesting; at this prompting, I just did the same experiment, and the odd behavior did NOT present itself; the amp/cab models simply scrolled through as they ought to.

As above, using Helix Rack/Control and as of this experiment, running firmware 2.11

Thanks for the update! Firmware 2.11 may have ironed out this wrinkle.