Sign in to follow this  
GenotypeX

Helix Dry Signal In Reaper VIA USB?

Hello, anyboy have any luck recording a HELIX wet and dry signal on seperate tracks similtaniously in Reaper? I'm trying to get a dry siginal recording In Reaper via USB 7-8 but for the life of me can find how to select USB 7-8 in Reaper... :unsure:

The dry track is mono. Default setting in Helix is Guitar input on 7 and mic input on 8 though you can change those.

In Reaper you need to set up two tracks for recording, one stereo for the default input of USB1&2 and a mono track for the dry guitar. Once you arm the tracks for recording you can select the Input Source for each track. Select USB7 for the dry track.

The dry track is mono. Default setting in Helix is Guitar input on 7 and mic input on 8 though you can change those.

In Reaper you need to set up two tracks for recording, one stereo for the default input of USB1&2 and a mono track for the dry guitar. Once you arm the tracks for recording you can select the Input Source for each track. Select USB7 for the dry track.

This definitely works....did it just last night! Helix is so damn cool!!

When selecting the audio device, make sure the audio system is ASIO, the ASIO driver is ASIO Helix, the first input is Input 1, last input is Input 8, and the same for the output range, Output 1 and Output 8.

It shouldn't be necessary to arm any track for recording to select the input to that track (but you have to arm it to actually record something). If the above is done, there should be an Input Mono -> Input 7 selection available for any track you want to change.

• Upvote 2

It shouldn't be necessary to arm any track for recording to select the input to that track (but you have to arm it to actually record something). If the above is done, there should be an Input Mono -> Input 7 selection available for any track you want to change.

You need to rec arm it and enable monitoring to hear it though.

When selecting the audio device, make sure the audio system is ASIO, the ASIO driver is ASIO Helix, the first input is Input 1, last input is Input 8, and the same for the output range, Output 1 and Output 8.

This is what I ran into as well.  By default, the ASIO driver was set with the first and last inputs and outputs as 1 and 2.  Changing this to 1 and 8 fixed my problem.

Just the dry track, but why would you want to do that when you can monitor a wet track straight off the Helix? 

Yes, you have to have recording armed to record something.

For monitoring, it depends on how you're monitoring things, I guess. For example, I take the spdif output from Helix into a pci-e soundcard to headphones. No DAW monitoring necessary in that situation.

Thank you lads, I was pretty close by the sounds of things but was missing selecting the input after record arming in mono. Will try this tonight after work, thanks a bunch.  B)

Woooo, it worked thank you all! I was unsure wheather the ASIO options were at all affecting the procees first time round.  Now I can be organised and "professional" and all with my recordings ^_^