Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

firehawk through a powered speaker ?

schrocker

I have run mine through a powered speaker with great results. Seeing as the Firehawk handles both amp/cab modeling, running it through a full range powered speaker will give you a true idea of what the models sound like. That being said I have also run mine through an amp via the 4 cable method and liked the sound I got. Personally I favored the powered speaker.

The beauty of Full Range Flat Response (FRFR) is that what you hear in your powered monitor is very similar to what the audience will hear through the mains. I use a JBL EON 612 for my monitor, mainly because the band uses JBL speakers for the mains. I found that JBL's are very bright, so I reworked my patches to have a high cut filter at 8 kHz. Now when I walk out front during a sound check, my tone changes very little from what I hear on stage. Most people in your audience will be non-musicians, so if you can dial your tones in to where they sound good to you full range, it almost guarantees they will sound good to the audience out front. And setup is so easy... 1/4" (mono) or XLR to your monitor and feed-through XLR to the mixing console, as if it was a mic signal. Or, if your monitor doesn't have a feed-through connection, 1/4" to the monitor and XLR from the Firehawk to the mixing console. This setup also allows you to keep stage volume under control, which sound men and other band members love!

• Upvote 1