Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is The Edit Software Different Between Pod Hd Units?

superbrown

indeed... each version of edit is different... to match the capabilities of the unit itself.

basically the version of edit is as good as the unit you choose no artificial limitations...

the previous poster nailed it... choose the unit that suits you and the version of edit will compliment those features.

Do the features of the software differ in such a way that they affect what you can do in sculpting your tone? Are there things I wouldn't be able to accomplish with, say, the HD300 (beyond the DSP processor's capacity limitation)? (Perhaps you've already answered that.)

the version of edit will do exactly what the unit can do...

the hd300 has certain limits compared to  the 500 for example: one of each type of effect... and one particular frustration that people have with the 300 is that they can't use say a compresser, overdrive, and eq at the same time because they all exist in the FX1 slot... that's a limitation of the device... which is reflected in the version of edit... 

• Upvote 2

one particular frustration that people have with the 300 is that they can't use say a compresser, overdrive, and eq at the same time because they all exist in the FX1 slot... that's a limitation of the device... which is reflected in the version of edit... 

That sounds like the paradigm used in the Spider amp I have.

Is slap-back echo and reverb at the same time is a no-go?

That sounds like the paradigm used in the Spider amp I have.

Is slap-back echo and reverb at the same time is a no-go?

Can I suggest downloading both the HD300 manual and the Edit Software. Both can be downloaded without owning the hardware and you can run the Edit software and see for yourself what will work with what (obviously you cant test how it sounds!).

You will need to be logged in - the edit software is here http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=5176

The advanced user guide is here http://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd300

Cheers

John

• Upvote 1

John, thank you for the suggestion. That should prove very helpful.

I had read a bit about the HD500 online and assumed the 300 and 400 were kind of the same idea. But I see they're not. The picture TheRealZap posted gives me a good impression of what we're talking about.

It seems like, if you're going to get the equivalent to all these stomp boxes, you might as well get an HD500X so you can mix and match and route them the way you like (if the price isn't prohibitive for you).

I've got one of Brian May's guitars, which, due to its pickups, will probably require an EQ on every flow. If I understand this right, that would tie up FX1 on the HD300 and HD400, making the use of anything else in the FX1 effects inventory impossible.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I have a problem with installation of HD 500x edit. I have and both units HD 500 and HD 500 x, and i installed the 500 x edit and then I realize that I must transfer a few paches from the 500 to 500 x. Then I uninstall the 500 x edit and install the 500 edit. I make a bundle backup, and forgot to uninstall the 500 edit. So I try to install the 500 x edit and nothing happens. Then I uninstall the 500 edit, and try to install the 500 x edit again, nothing happens again. Now I have a backup bundle from my HD 500 and I can't instal anything on my computer (500 edit or 500x edit). I'm with Mac 10.6.8 any ideas?

Hi guys, I have a problem with installation of HD 500x edit. I have and both units HD 500 and HD 500 x, and i installed the 500 x edit and then I realize that I must transfer a few paches from the 500 to 500 x. Then I uninstall the 500 x edit and install the 500 edit. I make a bundle backup, and forgot to uninstall the 500 edit. So I try to install the 500 x edit and nothing happens. Then I uninstall the 500 edit, and try to install the 500 x edit again, nothing happens again. Now I have a backup bundle from my HD 500 and I can't instal anything on my computer (500 edit or 500x edit). I'm with Mac 10.6.8 any ideas?

There's no reason that I know of that you can't have both versions of Edit installed on your computer at once. I don't know why you're having installation problems, though. That could be a Mac thing, and that's not something I know enough about to comment.