Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix to StageScape - Only Guitar in R speaker

I have just two inputs:

6 - XLR from Helix to M20d

3mm plug - MP3's (for practice)

The MP3's play in stereo

I can only hear me in the Right L2t speaker, despite the fact I have my setting as Center

It shows 5/6 taken up with the one XLR connection as well.  Is that normal?

Can anyone help?

Sounds like you've inadvertently created a stereo pair between 5/6

If you then only plug into channel 6, you're only routing to the right

Go onto the "SETUP" screen, tap the guitar input on screen and look in the upper left corner of the stage area, where there should be a stereo pairing control which should allow you to unlink the two.

• Upvote 1

POD HD500 is a stereo preset

To use it, you need to run 2 cables from the HD500 to the M20d.

Plug L into 5

Plug R into 6

The HD500 preset is not available as a mono preset

To run it mono, you'll need to unplug, delete the input then plug back in to just 5.and use the Guitar Modeler preset

• Upvote 1

A mono preset is routed to both L and R main outs an the pan control governs how much each side gets. It's still a mono signal, just fed to both sides.

A stereo preset anticipates stereo inputs (ie 2 channels) BUT the pair of inputs are linked within the M20 to a single channel control. In this setup, the pan control governs how much of each of the two channels is fed to L&R respectively. This is a stereo signal and only the L input (5 in your case) will go to the L side, and the right input (6 in your case) will go to the right side. Pan is adjusting the relative level of those two signals against each other.

Your HD500 has a stereo output because, I assume, many of the inbuilt effects output in true stereo.