Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No comments yet on hot-fix release v2.11?

silverhead

Hi Guys! I have updated my Helix firmware to 2.11 and rebuilt the presets. Now, when I downloaded the files for the update I found a Helix_FLOOR_v2_11_0_bundle.hxf file. Does this new bundle include new, updated factory presets? Am I supposed to import it after Helix rebuilds the presets? I think so. But I'm not sure.

I know I needed to import my custom presets and I have done that. Is this new 2.11 bundle for the new amps and presets?

I don't think you have to do anything with that file.  I certainly didn't have to. I think that once the update has been applied and you've done the obligatory factory reset, the new version of the factory presets should already be there.

I don't think you have to do anything with that file.  I certainly didn't have to. I think that once the update has been applied and you've done the obligatory factory reset, the new version of the factory presets should already be there.

Thanks, then I am done with the update... I appreciate your help!

I figure I should report back that my Variax settings didn't get wiped out by the update. I just had to change one setting in a patch from global to "per preset", and they all showed up in all of my patches. That was a big relief.

My IR problem was my own doing since I forgot to take a screen shot of the IR setlist before I updated. I did save my IR setlist, but of course Windows saved it in alphabetical order, so I was screwed. Until I found the screenshot that I did before the previous update, which was 90% accurate. So I got my IR list back into shape and I'm a happy camper again.

I figure I should report back that my Variax settings didn't get wiped out by the update. I just had to change one setting in a patch from global to "per preset", and they all showed up in all of my patches. That was a big relief.

My IR problem was my own doing since I forgot to take a screen shot of the IR setlist before I updated. I did save my IR setlist, but of course Windows saved it in alphabetical order, so I was screwed. Until I found the screenshot that I did before the previous update, which was 90% accurate. So I got my IR list back into shape and I'm a happy camper again.

I begin all of my IR file names with a number then a text description (1-Marsh_60, 2-Mesa_4x12, etc...). That way they will all be in order for the import after an update. 

I begin all of my IR file names with a number then a text description (1-Marsh_60, 2-Mesa_4x12, etc...). That way they will all be in order for the import after an update. 

I'm aware of what I need to do. I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose the last part of the current file name which is the distance of the mic, on all my Ownhammer IR's. I'll seriously look into this before I do another update and get myself pissed off again.

I'm aware of what I need to do. I haven't done it yet because I don't want to lose the last part of the current file name which is the distance of the mic, on all my Ownhammer IR's. I'll seriously look into this before I do another update and get myself pissed off again.

I hear you, you have to selectively delete parts of the entire file name to keep the pertinent information in the title. I am a Windows user and found a freeware utility that will bulk rename files, delete or insert text, etc., as well as numbering them sequentially. I can't vouch for whether or not it has spyware or viruses but so far so good (at least as far as I know). You can find it here: http://download.cnet.com/Bulk-Rename-Utility/3000-2248_4-10174242.html

That tool (Bulk Rename Utility) is great, if a bit opaque. I've been using it for IR name management ever since I realized what I needed to do.

I hear you on the "opaque" thing. Takes a minute or three to wrap your head around how it operates but well worth the effort given its flexibility and the amount of time it saves over doing things manually. I would really like to see L6 increase the size of the namespace for IRs as well as improve their ease of management by not requiring them to go into a specific slot. There are conversations however elsewhere that detail those issues.

2.11 was a smooth update for me in OSX.  My recommendation for Mac users is to back up set lists, patches, etc with old editor, then go to Applications and drag that Line 6 folder to the trash, then run the  new updater/editor pkg file.  You never have to wonder if you're going to open the wrong editor that way.

Thanks, then I am done with the update... I appreciate your help!

The only thing would be is if you backed up your Helix presets and setlist with a "bundle" and then restored with that bundle.  I believe that will also backup and restore the pre-update factory presets, and restore those too.  Thus, you still have the old factory presets if this is the method you used to backup and restore.

Alternatively, if you backed up your presets as individual presets, or your setlists individually, and restored those, that won't touch your factory presets (unless you explicitly backed those up and restored separately), in which case, you should be all set.

If you did the former (bundle), and want to make sure you have any updates to the factory presets that came with the new update, I'd do the following:

1. No need to re-do the firmware update - you've already done that.
  2. Backup your presets in individual preset format or as setlists.
  3. Backup any IRs.
  4. Turn off Helix
  5. Reboot Helix holding FS9 and FS10 (clears setlists, IRs, and resets globals).
  6. Restore your presets from their individual files or setlists.
  7. Restore any IRs.
  8. Reboot once more to rebuild presets.

You should now have the latest factory presets in the factory setlist locations.

The only thing would be is if you backed up your Helix presets and setlist with a "bundle" and then restored with that bundle.  I believe that will also backup and restore the pre-update factory presets, and restore those too.  Thus, you still have the old factory presets if this is the method you used to backup and restore.

Alternatively, if you backed up your presets as individual presets, or your setlists individually, and restored those, that won't touch your factory presets (unless you explicitly backed those up and restored separately), in which case, you should be all set.

If you did the former (bundle), and want to make sure you have any updates to the factory presets that came with the new update, I'd do the following:

1. No need to re-do the firmware update - you've already done that.
  2. Backup your presets in individual preset format or as setlists.
  3. Backup any IRs.
  4. Turn off Helix
  5. Reboot Helix holding FS9 and FS10 (clears setlists, IRs, and resets globals).
  6. Restore your presets from their individual files or setlists.
  7. Restore any IRs.
  8. Reboot once more to rebuild presets.

You should now have the latest factory presets in the factory setlist locations.

Thank you for the detailed instructions, yes, I backed up the bundle, factory and user setlists. After rebooting and holding the buttons, getting the reset I imported the custom setlists, those presets I have changed in the factory sets into my custom lists, but I did not import the older factory setlist. I was afraid to overwrite the new factory presets. Later on I noticed that I had the new factory setlist by just doing the firmware update. I guess the new 2.11 bundle just a software version what the firmware installed to the hardware. Thanks again, Louis