Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi TT going into a Micro Dark Terror (effects Loop)

markburrows1

Hello all

From my research it seems using the "Amp Out" port on the TT will only send the guitar signal to my amp/cab and not the Bluetooth to stream music. Is there another way of connecting the TT to my amp so I get everything.

It would be connected to my micro terror which then connects to my unpowered cabinet.

I did think about using the mains out but it seems the left hand side is not mono and I don't think a Y splitter cable from L/R output going into a effects loop port on the amp would work??

Then I also though about going from the TT's headphone port straight into my effects loop port on my amp but again not sure that would work?

Any ideas at all would be much appreciated.

Microphone port? There are two "mains out" on the back of the unit (left & right). Two RCA connections to go to a home theater surround system. One "Amp Out" to go to the "guitar" input on the amp, however, only the guitars output will be present here. To get audio from another source such as iPhone/iPad/Andriod device you must route the output (mains or rca) to monitors or home stereo. You can also patch from the "Amp out" to the input on your amp (typically guitar input) to run your guitar through the amp while playing the audio from a source via the AMPLIFi app, but again only your guitar will be present at the amp. I hope this helps and isn't too confusing. There is no "microphone port" on the AMPLIFi TT. There's is a USB port and an Optical port on the rear. The USB port is for updating the firmware on the unit and the Optical out can be routed to a stereo amp that has that capability.

Apologies usnavychiefret I meant headphone port I have edited it now. It works really well from here and does everything. Only fault is backing tracks are not coming out at top notch quality but that's due to the guitar cab. But still it sounds pretty damn good! Guitar wise it's fantastic.

I may use the amp out port and purchase some monitors and use the main out for audio. I am guessing the blend volume of guitar and overall audio will still work if I did this? Really liking this product so far though a lot of awesome tones!

No apologies necessary Mark. I believed you meant headphone jack. I run mine through my home stereo surround system and at times I plug in one of my amps to go along with the audio on the stereo. I also have a Line 6 FBV Shortboard Mk II that I use with it. I haven't figured out all the nuances of the Shortboard yet but will be working with that this next year. Merry Christmas!