Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Tablet? need a way to get Android for Spider Remote on a PC?

guitardad123

I found this video today on Gear pg site.

This can be a workaround. Spider Editor will work on your pc desktop or laptop. I'm not sure if the USB audio can be recorded while using the editor. Have not tried it yet. I doubt it will.

This is a way to use a Virtual Box program to run Android.

Dependent of your computer, the VB screen size may have limits.

I couldn't get the internet to work when I tried that. Google play kept getting an error when going to the app store or using the browser and I couldn't figure out any way to transfer the spider app without it. There are cheap android tablets that work well with the spider like my Aceson A7 which was less than $40. You do need a OTG adapter and cable though.

I couldn't get the internet to work when I tried that. Google play kept getting an error when going to the app store or using the browser and I couldn't figure out any way to transfer the spider app without it. There are cheap android tablets that work well with the spider like my Aceson A7 which was less than $40. You do need a OTG adapter and cable though.

OR this can be avoided with an actual Win or Mac editor 

I have a decent Android tablet (asus TF700) and it works with OTG cable, but it's as finicky as the VB workaround.

Hangs up, Spider Remote crashes etc. 

Just look at posts here and other forums. People not wanting the amps because they are forced to use a mobile app vs PC app.

Quite a few people wavering over the idea of using mobile apps and having to buy additional tablets. That $40-$200 and up for a tablet can go toward a G10T or FBV.

If you by the options with a Spider V 240 that's $900 there about. A few hundred more for a Helix, AX8, used KPA, Atomic AF12.

If only interested in the Spider V 30, yeah ok, because fewer would buy the optional accy's.