Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 disconnecting in Windows 10

I have a UX2 which i use for recording guitar connected by usb to my pc. Recently in the last month the unit has disconnected itself randomly, the computer then hangs when i am in bandhub or youtube watching videos and i have to restart the pc. this works on most occasions for a little while but then the pc will 'hang' again for half an hour ahd the UX2 disconnects itself, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. The only other thing i can add is that this has only recently started happening since i installed windows 10 i don't seem to recall having problems like this in windows 7. The line 6 licence monkey states USB firmware 'unknown' when it is disconnected but has a green tick and says no updates avaialble when it is connected and working.

I would go to CNET and read about turning off Windows Driver Updates. That might help.

Also if you have a port USB, plug straight to the pc USB.

3rd I might try a new cable with some ferrite noise block on it (square block on the USB cable you see on some USB cables)

Windows 10 has one major flaw and that is you can NOT turn off the updates....however, you can turn off Driver Updates.

Also if you unplug from the internet etc that will stop WIndows 10 updates....but not many of us do that.

• Downvote 1

hi there thanks for the replies, it seems there is an issue with the following which is displayed when i run the 'verifier' command from the start search bar: 'l6ux2.sys' is listed as being an unsigned driver, so it definitely the driver which is causing the problem, is there any way i can get windows to recognise this file as being an authentic signed driver?

• 8 months later...

This is only a user forum, people reply if they can help out. If you need direct help from line6 staff, you need to open up a dialogue with the directly. If you log into your account and search about your homepage, you will see an option in the support section to open a support ticket.

What are your specific problems? Perhaps open up a new thread and hope someone has had similar problem and can help you