Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix not connecting to my Mac OS Sierra at all

vertibration

I had to update the Helix using a friends PC.  I am on 2.11, and downloaded 2.11 editor to my mac.  It will not connect at all.  No  matter what I do, it wont connect.  I have tried everything.  I read every forum post, every suggestion thus far, and nothing works.  The only solution is for me to now buy a PC so I can use this thing correctly within my DAW

Something's messed up somewhere, I'm running OS X 10.12.1 and have no problems at all connecting to my Helix.  However, I have noticed that mine is a bit sensitive to the USB cable used.  The short factory cable works pretty much all the time, but a couple of longer ones I have (around 10') cause periodic dropouts.

I'm sure you've tried most or all of these ideas, but just in case...

- Try different USB ports. Only one of the three on my laptop is reliable w Helix, though the others seem fine for everything else.

- Use a USB 2 port rather than USB 3 if you can. Seems generally more reliable for some people.

- Try downloading the firmware-only file, and updating directly from that. Some folks have had success that way when the normal update process wouldn't work for them.

-If all else fails, contact Support, they'll troubleshoot with you.

Good luck, and FWIW, I'm sorry you're having such a crappy initial experience. Hope you get past it soon, and into the fun stuff!

I bought a powered usb hub, and it still does not work at all.   It is not recognized under the Line 6 audio midi devices in the preferences menu either.  This really sucks man.  I'm so pissed off right now.  I will try and download the firmware only file, and update it again, but I doubt its going to do anything

#1. Try connected to your Mac's USB port, not a hub.

#2. Try without the Line 6 Mac driver.

#3. Check to see if your Helix appears in MIDI portion of your Mac's Audio Midi Setup utility.

Let us know what's happening.

Helix shows up in the midi portion, but not in the Line 6 audio midi section in the preferences menu.  This is the most important because it allows me to mute the monitor section of Helix when I want to use it as an interface with my DAW

Helix is shows up as an interface in all other DAWS, but it is useless because I cannot mute the monitor of Helix in the Line 6 audio/midi in the preferences menu in Mac's system preferences because it does not show up.  If I cannot mute it, than Helix as an interface is coming out of the Helix, as well as my DAW so the sound slaps back and forth and sounds terrible. 

Its like my Mac knows its there, but the Line 6 driver cannot sync up.  I tried the beta driver, as well as the 2.11 driver that came with that update.  

Helix shows up in both Audio and Midi in the Audio Midi section in the utilities menu, but the Line 6 drivers wont recognize it.  Therefore the editor, nor the updater works, thats why I had to use a friends PC to update it to 2.11

I am utterly stunned at this issue

After all of my attempts, I have concluded that the Line 6 drivers are the issue.  I tried everything, and my Mac running OS SIerra 10.12.1 recognizes the Helix as an interface, but the Line 6 Drivers are not allowing the Helix to connect to the Editor or Updater.  I hope they release a fix for this

I am working with support, I just highly doubt anything will work unless they release a driver that works flawlessly for everyone, not just some people.

I did end up working around the monitoring thing, after reading the manual, I just changed the outputs to 5/6 instead of 1/2 and now I can disengage the monitor in Helix so I dont get a slap back in my DAW

I still wanna migrate to PC, Mac is driving me nuts with their lackluster updates that end up causing audio issues for my interfaces and stuff.  

Thanks for the suggestion guys, much appreciated.