Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My Flextone II went out, what to do?

I am a musician and also I am an electronics tech. With parts and a schematic I could fix it myself. I gather there is no hope of getting any service info on this amp, and no repair parts either. I am thinking that to ship it off to Line 6 for repair will cost an arm and a leg. The shipping alone is going to be expensive due to the heavy weight. (I could easily remove just the electronics unit and send that off for exchange or repair saving a ton of $$$ on shipping....but only down side is they couldn't verify that the speakers are good).  Perhaps I would be better off just buying a used Flextone (maybe upgrade to Flextone III)  from eBay?

A number of other amp manufacturers make schematics available for their amps after they are no longer in production, but this  !@@*&^@$*&^$@!!  company Line 6 enforces the "proprietary information/intellectual property" thing to the max, so that they can maximize the $$$ they can extract from their customers when the inevitable breakdowns occur. 

So you are a tech and can't verify that the speakers are good? How about the power supply? Esssh my man the layout is actually silk screened real well on the board.

Spare us the rant about the repair $$$ too, part of the issue is they "may" not want some Bozo zapping themselves.