Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Start Tremolo Pattern When Activating The Effect

daniweber

Hey guys,

I have a question about the Pattern Tremolo, respectively about LFO based effects in general. (I'm using the M5)

I have a preset where I created a pattern and saved it with the exact bpm information. I know I can tap the Tap switch once to 'reset' the pattern and to let it start from the beginning again. But to do this it seems that the effect has to be already on. Is it possible that the pattern starts exactly when I switch the effect on? It seems the M5 wants to continue the pattern where I last stopped it.

Would be great if anybody could help me.

best

Daniel

The only thing I could think to do would involve using an expression pedal. If you set the expression pedal to control the mix parameter so that heel is 100% dry and toe 100% wet (or whatever you want it) , you could effectively have the effect bypassed even while you had it on. That would give you the chance to hit the tap tempo button to reset the LFO prior to bringing the effect in by putting the expression pedal into toe position.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't use an expression pedal right now. Besides I think the pattern tremolo doesn't have the option to blend it in.

My current workaround is to turn the effect on while I'm not playing, pressing the tap button to sync it to the click and then switching it off exactly on time. Doing this the pattern stays on the click when it's not on and it starts correctly the next time I bring it in. But as I said it's just a workaround and not very comfortable.

I was hoping it will behave like I want it to when I change some settings.