Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Similar to Firehawk

Guest Guest

So this amp kinda seems like a PA with the guts of a firehawk. For the people saying that it sucks, was just wondering because I really had to tweak the firehawk to get good sounds. The presets suck. Any Firehawk or former Firehawk owners able to weigh in?

Guest vmoncebaiz

So this amp kinda seems like a PA with the guts of a firehawk. For the people saying that it sucks, was just wondering because I really had to tweak the firehawk to get good sounds. The presets suck. Any Firehawk or former Firehawk owners able to weigh in?

Presets are usually a good way to get started with a product, to see what it has going on, but you have to keep in mind that any amp/pedal rig would need to be tweaked by the player to get the best results.  Even Helix users ind better results if they tweak presets to better suit their needs.  The EQ block on Spider V has been the biggest help for me in shaping tones so far.

Spider V is pretty different from the Firehawk.  Although they are both are built on Line 6's classic amp and effect model set, the Firehawk goes on to also include newer HD amps and some HD effects (overdrives as well as some reverbs and delays).   The Spider V provides a full range backline for its sounds (yes basically a PA included in the box).  The Firehawk 1500 also does that but it is a very different set up with 6 speakers vs the Spider Vs 2 speakers. Then the Spider V goes on to include some nice practice tools like a metronome and built in drum tracks.

Im not criticizing the Firehawk or the Spider. I own the Firehawk and am trying to understand why some people don't like it. (Is it a matter of them not spending enough time with it?)

I agree with you. I was just hoping to further point out the similarities and the differences of each. 

I think for sure there will always be the guys who scroll through presets and decide that is all a product has to offer. A lot of gear out there is capable of sounding better if guys would tweak a bit on their own.