Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.11 bypass graphics bugged

njglover

Since updating to 2.11, I am noticing that blocks that I have assigned to footswitches to not display their bypass state correctly. What I mean is that it will still bypass/engage, but the icon for it on the screen stays bright. This happens in, as far as I can tell, all of my presets. When I load the preset, everything is displayed as it was saved, but I step on a switch for, say, an overdrive and that switch becomes bright, as normal, and the block icon becomes bright, but if I press the switch again, the icon stays bright even though the effect bypasses and the footswitch LED goes dim. I updated following the normal procedure, as I do every update. Have never had this happen with previous updates. Anyone else?

• Upvote 1

Since updating to 2.11, I am noticing that blocks that I have assigned to footswitches to not display their bypass state correctly. What I mean is that it will still bypass/engage, but the icon for it on the screen stays bright. This happens in, as far as I can tell, all of my presets. When I load the preset, everything is displayed as it was saved, but I step on a switch for, say, an overdrive and that switch becomes bright, as normal, and the block icon becomes bright, but if I press the switch again, the icon stays bright even though the effect bypasses and the footswitch LED goes dim. I updated following the normal procedure, as I do every update. Have never had this happen with previous updates. Anyone else?

This is not happening for me either on the Helix itself or the Editor screen. Did you do the global FS 9&10 reset? If so and it is misbehaving it might be worth re-flashing the firmware.

Yes, I always follow the instructions to the letter. It has already rebuilt my presets. Hmmmm. I will give it another couple times and see if things "settle," then reflash. Everything still works, and I don't normally use the screen for reference when playing a gig anyway, but it would be nice to have things working.

I recall that this behaviour was reported previously and acknowledged by Line 6 to be a bug. I expect it will be fixed in a future update but no idea when. I don't think it happens  with every block/icon in every preset - perhaps that's something you could test/confirm?

As you mention it doesn't affect actual performance - it's just a display issue on the Helix screen itself. I believe the LED on the Helix and Helix Control devices operate properly. Yes?

I have a Helix Floor, but yes, everything otherwise operates normally. It's odd and not particularly repeatable. For example, I might load up one preset and the first time I switch something, the icon changes, but from then on NONE of the icons will change state. But if I switch to a different snapshot within that preset, even if I am not actually taking advantage on snapshots on that preset, I can then switch effects and the icons will behave normally. I though maybe this would behave similarly to the EXP 2 glitch from 2.10, so I saved the preset again after switch through the snapshots a couple times (though, notably, I did not save each snapshot as I wasn't really using them) and it seemed to go away. But then I came back to the preset later and it was bugged again. Similarly, other presets that were behaving normally might now not be.

Upon further testing, it seems simply hitting the Mode button to switch to snapshots mode is what fixes it. After doing that, even if I don't select another snapshot, the icons behave normally again.

Upon further testing, it seems simply hitting the Mode button to switch to snapshots mode is what fixes it. After doing that, even if I don't select another snapshot, the icons behave normally again.

Great discovery. Hope you've reported it to Support, to help them narrow it down.

Hmmm, it also only seems to happen with presets in setlist 3. I can't seem to get it to happen in other setlists (I use 3 for the band I play guitar, 4 for the band I play bass, and 5 for some general purpose presets). That seems to be the only common factor.

FWIW, I have seen similar behavior for footswitches with multiple parameter assignments from different blocks.

Cheers!

I've done testing on that, too. It does not seem to matter whether or not it has multiple assignments. It happens on presets with split paths, single paths, single assignments, multiple assignments... but so far, only presets saved to setlist 3. For what it's worth, I have completed reloaded that setlist and rebooted the Helix so it would rebuild it, same problem.

I've done testing on that, too. It does not seem to matter whether or not it has multiple assignments. It happens on presets with split paths, single paths, single assignments, multiple assignments... but so far, only presets saved to setlist 3. For what it's worth, I have completed reloaded that setlist and rebooted the Helix so it would rebuild it, same problem.

I had that problem in 2.10, but I can't honestly remember if "my" setlist was in Setlist 3 or not.  I used to not use 3, but may have on last update.  I could also get the display to return to correct state by pressing the HOME button.  So far I'm fine in 2.11 but I put "my" setlist in 4, just as matter of preference; I read this thread afterwards.

EDITED TO ADD:  I copied a preset that has been updated in 2.11 from Setlist 4 to 3 and that patch in Setlist 3 seems to be working fine.    Good luck to all chasing this down.

I know I already submitted the ticket, but it seems that it's actually the whole screen that freezes up, not just icons. For example, I went to edit the snapshot name, but the screen would not switch to the menu until I hit the mode button again. Very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, I have heard back from Line 6. Seems they are able to replicate the bug and should be getting it fixed in a future update:

"We have found and logged this bug.  It will most likely be fixed with the next firmware update.  Thanks for your patience and letting us know of the bug."

It takes a while to go from verifying/documenting a bug, to implementing a fix for it. I'd imagine that it will be on the next one if it is high enough priority. 

I'm not terribly worried about it - it is a minor inconvenience. Just stating so that people know. I am confident it will eventually be fixed.

• 1 month later...

I am also having this bug in version 2.12. Happens on both setlists 3 and 4. I can't figure out what exactly is causing it, just seems to start happening and then it happens on every preset until I reboot.

I knew I read this thread a while back.  And mine is even after the reboot

http://line6.com/support/topic/25691-212-fx-block-issues/

Dennis