Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Auditioning Ir's?

jjcor

They have to be loaded into Helix before you can listen to them. Being able to audition them directly from your computer's drive is a big wish-list item for better IR management.

Once they're loaded though, pedal edit mode is your friend. Select that parameter, then you can step through them one at a time without taking your hands off the guitar.

• Upvote 1

+1 to what gunpointmetal said.

It can be done in realtime as well. On the rare occasion I actually look for an IR to use, I use Reaper's built in ReaVerb. Once you have a file selected and set a couple of parameters, all you have to do is hit the up/down arrow on the keyboard to cycle through every IR in a folder.

You could use Helix as well by loading a bunch of IRs and cycle through them while playing using pedal edit mode. Then when you find some you like, put those IRs off to the side somewhere, clear the IRs in Helix, and repeat for another batch.

• Upvote 1

I didn't think about using my DAW for that. I definitely will with an IR loader that I have. Also how do I get to pedal edit mode?

I don't want to start another thread for this question so I'll just ask here, can you access the actions button from helix editor? To make a y path and all that good stuff.

I didn't think about using my DAW for that. I definitely will with an IR loader that I have. Also how do I get to pedal edit mode?

Footswitch 6 (top row, right hand side).  Hold it down to enter pedal edit mode.

I don't want to start another thread for this question so I'll just ask here, can you access the actions button from helix editor? To make a y path and all that good stuff.

Yes

I'm on PC, but it should be no different on a mac. In the editor, it's pretty much just clicking, holding, and dragging with the mouse. So if you want to create a new path, drag a block down and you'll see a new path outlined to where you can place it. A mix and merge block is created as well. Moving the mix and merge blocks is done the same way as any other block.