Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clean tone question

sbeam3

Any of Helix's clean, chimey Amp profiles (models) should fit the bill. Add a bit of Reverb and possibly some Delay Vibrato or Trem, with perhaps a bit of Compression before the Amp Block and you should be good to go. Season to taste.

Put the Looper Block in the first Block position to let it loop. Define an Amp Block after that and simply step through the Amp Models to check them out. There are several Fender models that you may like, the Divided Duo, Jazz Rivet, even the Soldano, the high gain amps you'll dismiss quickly.

If you are looking for some Brad Paisley style cleans/dirt, give the Interstate 66 (Dr Z Route 66) model a try. It's not crystal clean, but has the midrange spanky twang. Use the separate amp and cab models and put your reverb and a tiny bit of delay in between the amp block and the cab block. Sounds great on a Tele. 

I think you have to clarify a bit more what type of clean country you're looking for.  As mentioned above there's quite a range covered between Brad Paisley and Chet Atkins.

As for myself, I tend to use my Gretsch Silver Falcon for most country I play, so I tend to move either toward a Twin Vibrato or a Soldano Clean.  I've even used a Matchless Ch 1 with the Strat to get a little more bite like a Brad Paisley tone.  Typically Twin's seem to dominate modern country when using a Tele to get that super twangy sound.

Any of Helix's clean, chimey Amp profiles (models) should fit the bill. Add a bit of Reverb and possibly some Delay Vibrato or Trem, with perhaps a bit of Compression before the Amp Block and you should be good to go. Season to taste.

Put the Looper Block in the first Block position to let it loop. Define an Amp Block after that and simply step through the Amp Models to check them out. There are several Fender models that you may like, the Divided Duo, Jazz Rivet, even the Soldano, the high gain amps you'll dismiss quickly.

Put the Looper in the first block and let it loop. Now that is a brilliant idea instead of each time picking a few notes to hear the tone?

Now I just got to figure out how the Looper works  :unsure:

The Looper actually works very easily, although it may not be blatantly obvious at first glance. Simply select the Looper Block and footswith containing the Round and Square icons. It starts recording immediately. As soon as you press that same button, the recording stops and the recorded loop begins playing.

There is no Erase nor Clear button. Rather, simply press the same Record button, and the previous Loop gets replaced by the new recording.

There are also footswitches, indicated by their scribble strips, for Play Once and to add Overdubs.

I posted a feature suggestion a few days ago on IdeaScale to add Color Status Indicaors: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Color-Looper-Status-Indicators/862059-23508 Vote for it, if you agree.

The Looper actually works very easily, although it may not be blatantly obvious at first glance. Simply select the Looper Block and footswith containing the Round and Square icons. It starts recording immediately. As soon as you press that same button, the recording stops and the recorded loop begins playing.

There is no Erase nor Clear button. Rather, simply press the same Record button, and the previous Loop gets replaced by the new recording.

There are also footswitches, indicated by their scribble strips, for Play Once and to add Overdubs.

I posted a feature suggestion a few days ago on IdeaScale to add Color Status Indicaors: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Color-Looper-Status-Indicators/862059-23508 Vote for it, if you agree.

Keep in mind pressing the record button a second time puts the looper in overdub mode where additional playing will be recorded in addition to the first loop (but still within the same loop). If you just want to stop and play the same loop without overdubbing you may want to hit the stop/play button to the right of the record button instead and hit it again when you want to play the loop.