Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Issue getting my Mic powered from the UX1

Your UX1 does not provide Phantom Power. You need to either use a dynamic microphone (they don't require phantom power) or use an additional device to provide the required phantom power to your condenser mic.

The UX2, for instance, is a device that includes the ability to provide phantom power.

Youneed to connect your mic to a device that provides phantom power first, then connect the output of that device into the UX1 input. A quick Google gave me this for devices that provide (stand-alone?) phantom power:

https://ca.images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVik0uF5Y9E4APDkXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-tightrope-tig4&va=phantom+power+device&hspart=tightrope&hsimp=yhs-tig4

So your choices are:

- use a dynamic mic with the UX1, or

- purchase a stand-alone phantom power device like those in the link I provided, or

- replace the UX1 with an audio interface device that includes a phantom power switch (like the UX2 - there are many others but if you want Pod Farm for free you need to stick with a Line 6 device).