Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can firehawkFx turn on/off effects with only 1 footswitch?

patinyaS

If you assign each effect to one of the 5 top FS, then yes your set.  You can't have multiple effects turn on and off at the same time by hitting one top row FS.  If you want to have multiple effects turn on/off at the same time you can program them in the lower row A-D.

I use each Bank number (ex. 20A-20D) for one song or band type of sound.  So 20A might be clean with effects I can turn on/off. 20B would be a little dirtier. 20C would be heavy rhythm section. 20D would be for lead.  Each new batch has added or changed FS to tailor your sound. 

I use a lot of the same clean channel settings for my A(fs)  but the rest of the bottom row changes depending the sound I've created.  

I find it easier to create whole new batches for just one or two added effect, so I'm not foot tapping so much. I'm not trying to imitate every song or band out there, I just like my sound, then create a few new Banks to come close to other popular song sounds.  

Hope this helps,

Shawn

• Upvote 1

Hi Orkaman,

If you want to get exactly what you are describing with your screen shots, you can do it by using 2 contiguous presets. For ex you create A and B presets based on the same tones and you save :

• A   with Stomp1 ON, Stomp2 OFF, Delay OFF
  • B   with Stomp 1 OFF, Stomp2 ON, Delay ON 

Does it answer ?

Bernard

• Upvote 1

Yes there is a short latency (300-400 ms)  when switching from A to B. When I play with my band, none can hear it.

No fix for that.

I red in this forum that the HD500X was not in this case but I did not experienced it by myself.