Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tempo Lock

harosha

Hello All,

Is there a way to lock tempo while scrolling through patches? I like to scroll through different patches when I am working on a song to find the one that works and it's kind of a pain to change tempo for delays every time a new patch is selected.

Hello All,

Is there a way to lock tempo while scrolling through patches? I like to scroll through different patches when I am working on a song to find the one that works and it's kind of a pain to change tempo for delays every time a new patch is selected.

You can choose for the tempo to be stored per snapshot, per preset, or globally. Just select the option you want under Global Settings --> MIDI/Tempo --> 'Tempo Select'. Set it to 'Global BPM' while you are previewing your presets. Once you find a preset you like you could save the desired tempo in that preset and then reset the global option to 'Preset BPM' or 'Snapshot BPM'.

Hello All,

You can choose for the tempo to be stored per snapshot, per preset, or globally. Just select the option you want under Global Settings --> MIDI/Tempo --> 'Tempo Select'. Set it to 'Global BPM' while you are previewing your presets. Once you find a preset you like you could save the desired tempo in that preset and then reset the global option to 'Preset BPM' or 'Snapshot BPM'.

Wow! Sometimes I think of a Helix question while I'm using it at a gig, then I forget about it after the gig is over. And this is one of those times! Thanks for asking, harosha... and thanks for answering, HonestOpinion! I just took a look in the manual and it's right there; DOH! Then I immediately pulled my Helix out of it's (backpack) case and set tempo to "global." I always wanted the tempo to be global. The last thing you want to do when you switch to a lead patch and charge into a solo is tap the tempo in. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't think of this a couple of months ago, but grateful that it's been asked and answered here. This is why I lurk much more than I post around here!