Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brand Name Expression Pedals (Known Compatibility)

wcmexbm

It seems to me the Helix "Expression" pedal inputs 2 and 3 (Exp 2, Exp 3) are really looking for a variable resistor.  A volume pedal withOUT the ground sweep.  ...and there pedal, ex-1,  uses a 10K pot.  

I have yet to get one.  I may just get the Line 6 Ex-1, the Ernie Ball JP jr 25K gets good results (PeterHamm).  The problem I have heard with the Mission brand is the pedal throw is too short.

Just some second hand opinions here.  

• 1 month later...

Mission has a pedal with a 25K pot and a physically longer sweep, the EP25-PRO Aero, not possitive if it will work with the floor Helix (or the rack), but since the Earnie Ball 25K expression pedal seems to work, I can't see why it wouldn't,.....it is pricey though.

Aero_EP25PRO_blk-left_web.jpg

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/ep25-pro-aero/?v=7516fd43adaa

Curious, would this work well?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FC600

For the money it seems like a great value.

Looks like an exact knock-off of the BOSS FV-500H (as Berhinger is typically wont to do, not that it's a problem) at the price you can get a used BOSS for (I just did).  Assuming that; yes, it should work. But if it is a knockoff, it is likely a TRS expression pedal connection, so you'll need to create a cable for it to work properly.  Only way to know what type of connector the Behringer has is is to call Sweetwater or find someone  who has already used one.

As far as connecting a BOSS FV-500H, there is another thread here that goes into detail how to create the cable.  I used a TRS to dual TS adapter and plugged a TS cable into the black side and it works great. 

I've been using the BOSS pedal for a few years now as a volume pedal on my old board, and just picked up a second so I can have 3 expression pedals available with the Helix (I hate having to share an expression pedal between two functions a la the onboard expression pedal)

• 3 weeks later...

For the record, I purchased one of these and it is killer.

Works perfectly, no special cable needed. I'm getting another.

Hello there. Thanks for this post. Thinking of buy this unit and good to see someone has used it sucessfully with helix. Can you confirm exactly how you connect this pedal to your helix ? Do you use the pedals exp connection ? Also do you use a ts or trs cable ?

Thanks ! I have a helix floor model.

Hello there. Thanks for this post. Thinking of buy this unit and good to see someone has used it sucessfully with helix. Can you confirm exactly how you connect this pedal to your helix ? Do you use the pedals exp connection ? Also do you use a ts or trs cable ?

Thanks ! I have a helix floor model.

Does not appear to have come thru in the prior quote, but I was referring tomthe Behringer FC600 pedal.

Does not appear to have come thru in the prior quote, but I was referring tomthe Behringer FC600 pedal.

Hi, just run a standard 1/4 cable from the jack labeled "exp" on the pedal to exp 2 or 3 on the helix. These pedals are built like tanks,but also fairly large.

Hi, just run a standard 1/4 cable from the jack labeled "exp" on the pedal to exp 2 or 3 on the helix. These pedals are built like tanks,but also fairly large.

Perfect ! Thanks very much and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• 1 year later...

Mission has a pedal with a 25K pot and a physically longer sweep, the EP25-PRO Aero, not possitive if it will work with the floor Helix (or the rack), but since the Earnie Ball 25K expression pedal seems to work, I can't see why it wouldn't,.....it is pricey though.

Aero_EP25PRO_blk-left_web.jpg

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/ep25-pro-aero/?v=7516fd43adaa

I have one of these and I haven't tried it with my Helix, but with the HX effects, the only cable that has worked for me was a TRS splitter, and connecting the sleeve split to the pedal. Not sure if it's a physical problem with the pedal, but the HX hits 100% with about 15% before I get to toe down.

Not the highest quality parts, just a simple plastic pedal but it works great with the Helix. At this price for the M-Audio, $29, you can afford to replace it when it fails. It has a polarity switch which I believe I had to reverse.

https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-EX-P-Expression-Pedal/dp/B000NLRWEI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1521066028&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=M-Audion+EX-P

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PedalExp--m-audio-ex-p-expression-pedal?s=M-audio+ex-p

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, wcmexbm said:

For the record, I purchased one of these and it is killer.

Works perfectly, no special cable needed. I'm getting another.

Hi, I just got two but volume is high when the pedal id wide open. Same issue with wah with the high when pedal open. It seems to be a polarity issue. Also and finally, should I use a regular or stereo 1/4 jack. Thank you.