Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Parameter controls don't react realistically?

jeffhucik

Is it just me or do the parameter controls not act like a real amp? Like the bass, treble, miss, etc. maybe it's just me.. I'll play and for example sweep the bass up and down (on the amp)and it doesn't seem to change as did drastically as a real amp would.. again it could just be me but I've felt that. I don't find this to be the case on say the gain control.. more so the eq's..Any one else notice this?

The tone stack controls are modeled so they react like the amps they're modeled after react in real life, so they all behave differently. Some of them don't have a ton of range, and some are highly interactive - meaning the range of the specific control is tied to other control(s).

Got You. Thanks. I've been playing around on the JCM800 a lot and this is the case for me with it. Maybe that's the amp

In general.

My experience with Marshalls is that they go from bright to ear-piercingly bright and the mid knob is almost like another treble knob. I used to use a backlined TSL half stack with the band I tour with. At one gig, the backline company didn't have any Marshalls, so they gave me a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier. When I started tweaking it, I thought, "wow, these tone controls DO SOMETHING!" I changed my rider and have been using Triple Rectos ever since. Try some other amp models if you want to hear a more pronounced difference with tone parameters. 

• Upvote 1

Do not forget that it reacts like a mic'ed amp and not like an amp in the room.

I apologize. For my studio i am

Using a pair of Adam A7x's. Pretty nice studio monitors IMO . I'm also talking about through my 2x12 in my studio space during practice. 2 two amps I've really messed with are the cali rectifie and the JCM800. im starting to think it's in my head. I mean I am an engineer and mess with eq's all the time... it just doesn't seem that drastic.

My experience with Marshalls is that they go from bright to ear-piercingly bright and the mid knob is almost like another treble knob. I used to use a backlined TSL half stack with the band I tour with. At one gig, the backline company didn't have any Marshalls, so they gave me a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier. When I started tweaking it, I thought, "wow, these tone controls DO SOMETHING!" I changed my rider and have been using Triple Rectos ever since. Try some other amp models if you want to hear a more pronounced difference with tone parameters.

Very help full. Thanks!