Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

new Pete Thorn HELIX RACK vid

sinasl1

I know we have all figured this out but I'm a visual guy. I did a real quick video on this to show how to do it. please forgive me for the crude manner as i am not one who typically makes videos. i hope it helps. if not yell at me! lol. I'm also a drummer and not the best guitarist FYI i have these tools mainly for my studio..

• Upvote 2

Thanks again didn't have one of those, just ordered one from MF !

You can also run a wah, distortion pedal or boost in front of your FX loop, then add as you did the dlys and verb after the PS line in. Quite nice!

Thanks again didn't have one of those, just ordered one from MF !

You can also run a wah, distortion pedal or boost in front of your FX loop, then add as you did the dlys and verb after the PS line in. Quite nice!

Oh absolutely. I didn't get into pre effects, but that is more of the point of this set up. Sorry I didn't touch on it, I should have. This set up IS more for running pre effects. The way I ran the delay is the way I usually run it (amp into Helix for impulse and post effects)

Thanks - this is exactly what I was doing except for adding the lift.  It would work until I turned up the amp (channel and master volume) then there would be very loud screeching noise.  I wonder if I added one of those hum destroyers if that would do the trick.  It just doesn't appear to be your typically hum issue (loud screeching noise).  Thanks again - video was helpful.

Thanks - this is exactly what I was doing except for adding the lift. It would work until I turned up the amp (channel and master volume) then there would be very loud screeching noise. I wonder if I added one of those hum destroyers if that would do the trick. It just doesn't appear to be your typically hum issue (loud screeching noise). Thanks again - video was helpful.

You were sure the first block was an FX and not a Send?

Yes.  FX Loop 1 (set to instrument level in global settings) - I had the cable just in the send 1 out to guitar amp front. Then I had the return cable in the Return 2 (set to line level in global settings).

I hooked up the amp and rockcrusher to make sure all is well (bad tube or cable, etc.).  No problems.  I have no idea why this isn't working - I may try a hum destroyer or something of the kind later.  Thanks guys for your help.

I've actually used the DT25 - Rockcrusher - Helix in a live setting before (with the workaround) and it works great - but that is a bit different b/c I'm bypassing the preamp and just using the poweramp.

• 1 month later...