Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a fuse in the Helix?

onurb59

Might be a stupid question, but anyway...

As a gigging musician, I like to prevent some kinds of awkward situations, such as bad cables, dead batteries, all of us know what I mean, and a blown fuse is among the list.

So, I try to carry some spare fuses with me.

Hence my questions: Is there a fuse in the Helix?

Why no external access?

Is the waranty lost if I open my unit to check?

:)

All I know is the Axe modeled fuse has had 47.3 updates since it was first released. Clearly this makes it a superior product... ;)

Thats only because the Fractal forum as one voice asked for and enjoys these updates,  and Cliff likes to program like a madman. BTW, theres NOTHING wrong with either. 

Thats only because the Fractal forum as one voice asked for and enjoys these updates, and Cliff likes to program like a madman. BTW, theres NOTHING wrong with either.

Good grief...I have no time for a sarcasm tutorial today.

It's marvelous that the Fractal forum has risen as one, and seen their demands met. And if Cliff (whomever he is) loves to code that much, then I guess it's a win-win for everybody. I smell a Disney movie...

Truth be told, I don't have a dog in this fight, so I really couldn't care less.

Spikey: That would be "fuse emulator".

BTW for the OP don't open that Chassis as usually doing so voids the warranty. Even if you know It I had to say it.

When a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it does it make any noise?

So if the cover comes off the Helix and nobody is there to see it does it void the warranty?

When a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it does it make any noise?

So if the cover comes off the Helix and nobody is there to see it does it void the warranty?

There are usually seals that are broken when you open the chassis so if you do open it, Line 6 can tell.

There are three different fuses marked F1, F2 and F3. Not modelled ones.

I've been playing around with trying an old stock of fuses I've collected and I've found an old Philips from the 60s is superb. Gives the Helix so much more depth and clarity. I did try playing around with F3 but I went back to the original fuse as it sounded the best. YMMV.

There are three different fuses marked F1, F2 and F3. Not modelled ones.

I've been playing around with trying an old stock of fuses I've collected and I've found an old Philips from the 60s is superb. Gives the Helix so much more depth and clarity. I did try playing around with F3 but I went back to the original fuse as it sounded the best. YMMV.

I keep my stockpile of Woodstock-era fuses with all my other important stuff...right there next to my collection of used bandages, and the jar of toenail clippings I've been saving since I was 8.

Back on topic, I wouldn't worry about that. Even on my old tube amps I never had mains fuses blow, only the high voltage fuses that protect against damage if a power tube goes out (and as a result draws a ton of current). Keeping a few spares in my bag has saved me several times over the years, even though I'm still a relatively young guy. 

Plus, I would not want to unscrew all the screws on the back of the helix and try to do "open heart surgery" on the helix during/before a gig. I just keep a backup flyrig 5 handy at all times.