Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB Power Bank - what would be a good option? (SOLVED)

Sacco_Belmonte

All you'll need is a small capacity Rechargeable USB Lithium Battery pack. Get the best capacity model you can for the price. Small units start at about 2000mAh. Any of these will charge and supply power using a USB cable (micro USB for recharging) Standard USB as a power source. All at standard USB 5v 1000mAh. Some will provide up to 2.4mAh and have multiple USB ports for powering several devices.

Notwithstanding the fact that the G10 ships with a Transformer rated to supply 1000mAh, during use, regardless when as a receiver base or for recharging the G10 Transmitter, the acutal measured current draw of the base is far below this rating.

A fully charged G10 Transmitter is rated for 8 hours of use. So if you begin with a fully charged G10 Transmitter you'll easily exceed you 4 hour requirment.

Amazon frequently has USB Lithium rechargeable battery packs on sale for well under $20.

• 4 weeks later...

So... update.

I bought the Warwick Rockboard LT XL.

This unit has a fatal failure, if you connect some pedals THEN connect the G10 the powerbank dies miserably.

Happened to two units, they didn't last more than 5min testing. 

Another problem is that warwick designed this unit poorly. I initially connected the G10 first then the pedals and was working fine but gave an awful ground noise. Warwick acknowledged this and is working on an updated unit.

So....I've got this RavPower 10400 mAh powerbank just for the G10 and works super fine, no noise, perfect. Given the G10 uses only 45mAh the powerbank battery will last basically forever.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00B2XPJZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There you go then...

The RavPower units are amongst the best ones out there! Their design, manufacturing tolerances and materials are exceptional! I recently grabbed another one (larger capacity 26,800 mAh) when it was on sale a few weeks ago. It is also very nice that they include a cushioned storage pouch and a short and a long cable.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

So is everyone still happy with the RavPower units for powering the Base of the G10?  I've just bought one & was disappointed that the base wasn't rechargeable, like the dongle!  :( 

I'll be looking at getting a RavPower or similar - so if you've tried a different one & think it is superior to the RavPower, I'd be keen to hear of it.