Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume drops out

rd2rk

Playing along, volume disappears. Operate volume pedal, fixed.

I've had the unit since 2.01, never had the problem, but remember people talking about it. I'm up to 2.11 now, suddenly, there it is. Can't believe this still isn't fixed.

Anybody know anything?

I rarely use a Vol Block but I have been noticing this a little bit myself. I always thought I was tapping the volume as I was tweaking my sounds, but I'm beginning to realize that's not what is happening. So far it has never done it during a gig Just What I Am at home doodling. And I prefer editing on the machine sitting in front of my speakers so it's not connected to the PC.

I have encountered this same problem. It occurs randomly while using and exploring the Factory Presets and Templates on my Helix running fw 2.10. I do not use my Helix connected to a PC! It has also occurred in the single customized Preset I created from scratch using Templates > New Preset 06A.

User reports of unresolved (persisting) problems and confirmed report of a newly appearing blaring audio issue in the incremental firmware update 2.11, have lead me to forgo installing fw 2.11. Once the next fw build is released, I will consider it's merits.

Playing along, volume disappears. Operate volume pedal, fixed.

I've had the unit since 2.01, never had the problem, but remember people talking about it. I'm up to 2.11 now, suddenly, there it is. Can't believe this still isn't fixed.

Anybody know anything?

Do you have your volume pedal blocks assigned to EXP1 or EXP2? I reassigned all of mine to EXP2 (default) and don't see the issue any more. I have a feeling something to do with that. I was seeing the issue with 2.01, 2.10. I am at 2.11 with no issues after reassigning expression pedals. 

I have exp1 set as volume pedal on all my patches and I am experiencing this about once per gig.  If changing to exp2 solves it I guess it's worth it but would rather use exp1 for volume and have 2 and 3 open for external pedals.  I'll try it out.

Even better...today I was playing and the volume cut out. Hitting the volume pedal didn't fix it. Had to switch presets and back to fix it. Don't know if it's the same problem getting worse or a new one. Being a random problem it's pointless calling tech support. They must know about this, enough people are seeing it. Sure hope they fix it soon!

It's random, I'm never looking at the display when it happens.

When it does happen, use the joystick to go over to the volume block to see what position (%) it is at. If it is at 1%, then you have the "bug". Mine went away after reassigning all of my volume blocks to be controlled by EXP2, which is default. 

Do you have your volume pedal blocks assigned to EXP1 or EXP2? I reassigned all of mine to EXP2 (default) and don't see the issue any more. I have a feeling something to do with that. I was seeing the issue with 2.01, 2.10. I am at 2.11 with no issues after reassigning expression pedals. 

Thank you jbuhajla!!!

After reading your post in the "Bug Report" thread, I changed all patches from EXP1 to EXP2 and also changed the "min" on all patches to 10% and I haven't experienced the volume drops since.

So, the work-around does work, though I'd still rather have the underlying issue addressed by Line6, for long-term stability.

Thank you jbuhajla!!!

After reading your post in the "Bug Report" thread, I changed all patches from EXP1 to EXP2 and also changed the "min" on all patches to 10% and I haven't experienced the volume drops since.

So, the work-around does work, though I'd still rather have the underlying issue addressed by Line6, for long-term stability.

I wasn't sure if the EXP2 thing was just a coincidence. I'd like to see if more people experiencing this issue have theirs set to EXP1. 

I have my minimums set to 0% and still haven't had the issue. 

• 2 months later...

hey guys, I just updated to 2.11 and am now having this issue though I didn't before. So annoying... 

I have the vol set to exp1, will try setting to exp2 and hopefully it doesn't do it.

The bug still exists in the most current firmware 2.12. To get around this, assign all of your volume blocks to EXP2, and not EXP1 then you will be fine. The default for volume is EXP1 and default for wah is EXP1

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I have the same problem with my Helix updated to firmware 2.70.

I use two Expression Pedals.

I think that change Exp jack out isn't a good solution.

For me, It's impossible for line6 to sell a pedalboard with this serious problem.

Does someone solved it?

• 1 month later...

Last time I had this issue was back in April of  2018. I was also having problems with random noise. I sent it in for service, and they replaced "some of the boards".

I haven't had any problems since.

Maybe time to open a service ticket?