Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

12-27-2016 Firmware Update

SteveGTR

Just got my Spider V 60 Amp and I'm getting acquainted with it.

I finally got the Spider Remote to work on my Droid Turbo. This was after getting the OTG Cable from Best Buy for about $8. You still need a USB to USB-B cable. Luckily I had one at my house.

When I connected my phone to the Amp my phone sensed it and came up with the dialog asking if I wanted to give it permission. I did and then the Spider Remote application fired up and said I needed to update to the latest firmware.

There were 3 versions available so I dutifully selected the newest dated 12-27-2016 (version 1.03?). It downloaded the firmware patch to phone and then asked if I wanted to install it. I confirmed and it just sat there with the spinning wheel. I let it sit for 15 minutes. The Amp didn't display anything in the LED window.

I disconnected the phone and remove the Spider Remote app from memory. Reconnected the phone and proceed to install the oldest of the 3 patches thinking that they might need to be installed in reverse chronological order from oldest to newest.

Well that installed perfectly, the Amp showed a bunch of patch status messages and restarted fine. I installed the next patch and that also installed fine.

Tried the 12-27-2016 patch and it failed to install again. Just sits there spinning and the Amp isn't aware of anything going on.

At this point, I can use the Spider Remote app just fine and I've found it an excellent addition to the Amp.