Sign in to follow this  
Ozzyk12

New questions

I am a buyer interested in buying Spider V 1 12 or 2 12. I tried it and I like it but I have questions that music store cant answer?

1- Does Spider V have an acoustic simulator?
2- Is the full range on at all times or only on some patches?

3- How does the amp handle the tweeter? If you are starting a new patch?

4- Can I play guitar synth or an acoustic guitar and expect it to play full range? Or do I need to tweak or Eq the tweeter in?

Thank you

Ozzy

I am a buyer interested in buying Spider V 1 12 or 2 12. I tried it and I like it but I have questions that music store cant answer?

1- Does Spider V have an acoustic simulator?

2- Is the full range on at all times or only on some patches?

3- How does the amp handle the tweeter? If you are starting a new patch?

4- Can I play guitar synth or an acoustic guitar and expect it to play full range? Or do I need to tweak or Eq the tweeter in?

Thank you

Ozzy

1- No not really, but those are mostly clean ch amps and you shape the sound with post eq. I think there are several on the custom areas

2-It's on all the time. It's how you get varying cab models to coincide with a flat response amplifier. Most users buy external amps or powered speakers when

they use modeling gear. This is an all inclusive setup. The tweeter is quieter than a compression driver on a powered pa cab.

3- Fine, the best part is it is not distracting. Is it as high a bandwidth of a stereo hi fi? I wouldn't say so, but the drums, and devices played through it are quite nice.

4- Yes, but you may have to tweak for the type pickups, size of acoustic guitar body just as you would a PA system mixer and speakers. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the response :) I dont have a lot of experience tweaking. I am looking for a light weight easy to use setup with versatility of different instrument sounds for small gigs. This certainly seems to fit the bill :) I was hoping this would replace my Roland GT-100 Fender amp rig. Gt-100 has a very nice acoustic simulator. Will have wait and see. Thanks again :)