Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to reset presets in my JTV 69 ?

Hello everybody,

Firstable, please, excuse my (very) poor english. I'm french... :)

I'm trying to find a solution for my jtv69. The problem is 'simple' : I'd like to reset all the originals presets. I don't know how, but I've lost severals presets (custom, T-Model)... (maybe using wrongly the models selector?). It appears in Workbench with '??????????'.

Updating didn't change anything, unfortunately. And the bundle in Workbench is a backup with these wrongs presets... Impossible to find a clean bundle.

Is there any solution for reseting all presets correctly ? Directly from my JTV ?

I hope that my words are understandable :)

Thank you very much for your answers (with simple words, of course). And happy new year, everybody.

Eric

You can restore the factory presets as follows (from the manual):

Set the Pickup Selector Switch to it’s middle position, then press and hold the Guitar Model Selector knob while you plug in a 1/4†cable to power up the guitar. Your Guitar Model Selector LED and Alternate Tuning LED will both ash red. Next, press and hold the Guitar Model Selector knob again. The Guitar Model Selector LED will ash red, rapidly 3 times, indicating all 50 guitar models in the Guitar Model Selector memory locations are now restored to factory settings. Guitar will now return to normal operation.

If that fails, try reinstalling the JTV firmware.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/guitars/james-tyler-variax-guitars/variax-reflash-and-software-update-instructions-r103

The first solution directly on the guitar doesn't work (impossible to obtain red light, I don't know why). I had already tried.

The second is right, updating firmware with Monkey, but without forgetting to select "no" when it asks "do you want to keep the patches on the instrument?". It's logical... :)

Thanks again, very cool forum (for a cool guitar)