Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adjustable Height Platform for Helix Floor Model

bsd512

I have the Helix floor model, but mostly use it on my desk for easy editing on the unit.  I often wish it was on the floor to operate the button and pedal with my foot the it was designed to be used.

So I was considering building a motorized platform that would raise it for editing, and then flick a switch and lower it to the floor for playing.  That would be a relatively non-trivial undertaking.  I still might do it, as one of my other "hobbies" is robotic control, electronics, firmware/motor control/etc.  But the parts aren't that cheap.

Then I came across this:

https://www.amazon.com/Fancierstudio-Standing-Monitor-Height-Computer/dp/B01NCKIU70/ref=pd_sbs_229_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7YJSP8NW0VKE3F3TD6A4

Anyone ever used one of these for your Helix floor model to raise and lower it for editing and playing?

Just wondering if it would be sturdy enough.  The 17-18 inches it raises would probably be fine.  I wonder if it would go all the way to the floor or would be sturdy enough to handle being repeatedly stepped on through the foot switches and volume/wah pedal.

I don't know if I'd have confidence in stomping on one of the footswitches or using the expression pedal while it's on that platform. It only holds 30 pounds and even though the Helix is only about 15, the weight of your leg plus the pressure for stepping on it might damage it.

I like the idea though.

Thanks for the suggestion, that actually looks very nice.  But I was thinking more along the lines of adjustable height all the way from the floor (to operate with feet) to around 18-24" or so to for easy no-bend-over-editing while sitting on a chair.  And being able to switch back and forth without tangling cables or removing headphones or guitar (strap).