Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Helix purchase advice.....is it good?

metalman1221

Thanks! I have pretty decent studio monitors.......I also use my headphones while recording a lot of the time. I have really good Sennheisers. 

Music law says "Read this review on TGP"   What do you think is more telling? A single story that may even be fiction for all we know or possibly even a line 6 implant? Or all the posts after? and your own ears. Im just sayin.

Also: he didnt use any built in cabs, the very thing im addressing here, and what most people have an issue with

I mainly play metal and just record and I think the helix does great.. Fits all my needs. Here's a clip of it, no post processing https://soundcloud.com/jaydub-music/line-6-helix-metal

This sounds pretty good. If you used a stock cab (my very thing here) would you mind providing the preset for comparison? One thing i HAVE noticed that ive been meaning to mention is that Helix DOES seem to play a little better with down tuned guitars...and that makes perfect sense to me why it would.

I totally agree. I meant that plenty of real amps have fizz that needs to be removed, so it's not a problem unique to modelers as is often claimed. 

Thanks for the comment about my video. Using the stock amp, cab, and mic settings with no eq or anything. 87 condenser, cab high cut off. 

Yeah, especially for what it it...which is just plugging in and turning up the gain. Went to your sit to download that preset so i could make some comparisons,but all i got was one of these

ha%21.PNG

Ha! :o  Im sure its something im missing. Yeah I know youve already given all the setting information here.

Music law says "Read this review on TGP"   What do you think is more telling? A single story that may even be fiction for all we know or possibly even a line 6 implant? Or all the posts after? and your own ears. Im just sayin.

Also: he didnt use any built in cabs, the very thing im addressing here, and what most people have an issue with

This sounds pretty good. If you used a stock cab (my very thing here) would you mind providing the preset for comparison? One thing i HAVE noticed that ive been meaning to mention is that Helix DOES seem to play a little better with down tuned guitars...and that makes perfect sense to me why it would.

Yeah, especially for what it it...which is just plugging in and turning up the gain. Went to your sit to download that preset so i could make some comparisons,but all i got was one of these

ha%21.PNG

Ha! :o  Im sure its something im missing. Yeah I know youve already given all the setting information here.

thanks. I did use stock cabs, you can download it here http://line6.com/customtone/tone/2774382/

Word of warning is when I was making the patch I really tried to max out DSP and use all the different paths..Normally my patches are pretty simple but I wanted to have some fun trying to utilize the different things available within the Helix...normally I don't really like these patches as much as my simpler ones but I was pleased with what I got here..

It is because of how cluttered that patch kind of ended up being that I affectionately named it 'Convolution' since its pretty.. convoluted