Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk 1500 vs firehawk fx

capdoogie

Does anyone know if the internals of these two units are the same? If you were to not run the speakers of your fh1500 and run it thru FOH. Then compare it to a firehawk fx floor pedal. Would they be the same with same exact presets. I've been running my fh1500 with internal speakers off thru my new clr neo Mkii and it sound better. So I was thinking just running the firehawk fx instead if same processors etc.

I dunno if its the same or not but I "sold" the CLR's I had to purchase the FireHawk 1500, because it sounded better to me. ;)

So as always just use what sounds good to you because thats what matters in the long run.

Im not 100% certain, but I believe that the FIrehawk FX has the same amps/cabs/effects as the Firehawk 1500, but the one thing that it doesn't have is the ability to provide the wet/dry/wet outputs that the1500 has for it's speaker system. The Firehawk FX unit only has left/right outputs..

So are you using a pair of CLR's to provide stereo? I wouldn't be surprised if it sounded better than the firehawk 1500 - one CLR alone would cost more than the FIrehawk 1500 does! 

Using 2x CLRs for left/right wet signal and the FIrehawk for centre dry signal .. would sounds amazing I would bet, but not cheap!

Does anyone know if the internals of these two units are the same? If you were to not run the speakers of your fh1500 and run it thru FOH. Then compare it to a firehawk fx floor pedal. Would they be the same with same exact presets. ....

Yes, the FH 1500 and the FH FX are the same in terms of DSP and amp/FX modeling. The 1500 is essentially an FX packaged with a power amp and FRFR cab. You could think of the 1500 being a combo amp with a head (the FX) and a separate power amp+cab. The analogy is not exact because the FX includes cab/mic and FX modeling, but conceptually the 1500 is the FX + amp/cab. They should sound the same using the same preset, bypassing the 1500 cab and going direct to another FRFR speaker system.