Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New user, so I have some questions. Using Glenn Delaune packs..

jordans0nly

Finally took it out of the box today, played around about 2 hrs or so. After fiddling around (not reading the manual yet), stumbled upon Glenn Delaune's packs. Ended up buying the Custom Artist Pack #2. Sounded great on his YouTube channel. 

Downloaded them, ended up figuring out how to do the scenes, which I do love so far. But using the different packages I've noticed the volume would either be way down, or up pretty high. For instance, the Andy Timmons patch was very low. Still not sure how to get them all even. I'm using a parts strat at the moment. 

So, with all this, anyway to get the volume even on all patches? If so, how? Plus, also I'm running through a cheaper active speaker, not sure if that has any bearing on sound. I'd like to think not. But not sure if I keep the speaker volume low, then turn up the volume on the Helix, or vice versa. Attached is a picture of the speaker. 

Thanks for any answers that may come. 

post-1108258-0-27468900-1483330667_thumb.jpg

I can't help thinking how you've spent all that money on a Helix, but then play it through a cheap speaker.

Really it wants at least an Alto TS210 to be sounding good.

I think Glenn's latest patches are voiced for his line 6 Firehawk 1500. Certainly I have to change the eq when I record straight into my mixer then PC.

that speaker should be fine for at home playing tho.. i just bought the freeman pack and find it sounds a quite a bit more focused and defined than glenns patches, for at home volume levels anyway. I haven't compared them at loud levels tho. Adjusting eq's will probably get you closer to what you're after.. i and many others really cut at the bottom end and the hi's too

I can't help thinking how you've spent all that money on a Helix, but then play it through a cheap speaker.

Really it wants at least an Alto TS210 to be sounding good.

I think Glenn's latest patches are voiced for his line 6 Firehawk 1500. Certainly I have to change the eq when I record straight into my mixer then PC.

Well, it's what I already had at home. I'm not sure if his patches came with IR's. I'll have to check. Not even sure what I'd change the eq too..

I'm not sure if his patches came with IR's. 

Hi Jordan, Thank you very much Sir. Yes those ones you purchased do use my Custom IR's. I have a graphic file in the download folder that shows what locations they need to be inserted. If you haven't loaded the IR's yet you're really not getting the full sound. Some of the volumes are tied to those IR's so you have to load them in order for the patches to sound as they were designed to sound.

Hi Jordan, Thank you very much Sir. Yes those ones you purchased do use my Custom IR's. I have a graphic file in the download folder that shows what locations they need to be inserted. If you haven't loaded the IR's yet you're really not getting the full sound. Some of the volumes are tied to those IR's so you have to load them in order for the patches to sound as they were designed to sound.

Glenn, thanks for a reply. I know they sound great, and I knew it had to be something I wasn't doing right,lol. It's Sonny btw. I'll probably read the file today to see if I can tweak the sounds. The IR's have a separate file?

Glenn, thanks for a reply. I know they sound great, and I knew it had to be something I wasn't doing right,lol. It's Sonny btw. I'll probably read the file today to see if I can tweak the sounds. The IR's have a separate file?

Oh, sorry Sonny, yes the IR's are in a separate folder. Thank you again Sir.

i gotta say i only had artist series 1 which did not have ir's and i found i had to tweak some a little to suit my system. i recently bought the boutique cleans patches from Glenn and love them as they are. maybe it's those ir''s that add that final bit of clarity and focus, as the fremen pack uses them too

Thanks Sonny, yes my Custom IR's make all the difference. You know you can use any of my IR's in any of your existing patches too. You might be surprised at the results. Just to be clear, my custom "Sound Imprint" IR's are NOT Cab Impulse responses but more of a "Tone Imprint" of an Artist tone or Amplifier Simulation I'm trying to capture. Just wanted to throw that out there for clarification.

Thank you guys so much for your continued support and kind words of encouragement. Most of all, Thank you LINE 6 for creating such incredible products!!

See you at NAMM!!!! ;-)

Thanks Sonny, yes my Custom IR's make all the difference. You know you can use any of my IR's in any of your existing patches too. You might be surprised at the results. Just to be clear, my custom "Sound Imprint" IR's are NOT Cab Impulse responses but more of a "Tone Imprint" of an Artist tone or Amplifier Simulation I'm trying to capture. Just wanted to throw that out there for clarification.

Thank you guys so much for your continued support and kind words of encouragement. Most of all, Thank you LINE 6 for creating such incredible products!!

See you at NAMM!!!! ;-)

whenever i try and use your ir;s with an amp, it sounds off. how do you use them? do i need to use a cab plus your ir?. seems like a waste of dsp to me. fremens ones dont do that