Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with Recording HD500x

gtrwizrd

I'm having trouble connecting my HD500x to my audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Ever since I got the Pod I've been running a standard TRS cable from the 1/4 unbalanced output of the Pod to the Line input on the Scarlett, and setting it to "instrument."

Now I understand this isn't the best option, so I'm wondering how to use the XLR option. I tried running an XLR from the Left Balanced output on the Pod to the single XLR on my Scarlett, which works, but would it be better to use a dual XLR using both outputs on the Pod into a single XLR to the Scarlett to get both right and left channels? Can I just use the single XLR like I have right now, and if so, am I able to delegate which channel I want the track to record on in my DAW (music creator 5)? I don't want to have to manually switch between the left and right balanced XLR, so would getting the "Y" cable fix this?

I'm having trouble connecting my HD500x to my audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Ever since I got the Pod I've been running a standard TRS cable from the 1/4 unbalanced output of the Pod to the Line input on the Scarlett, and setting it to "instrument".

I use a different Focusrite interface (2i4), but there's no reason the 1/4" outs shouldn't work. I do it all the time. The "instrument" setting however, is incorrect. It should be set to "line". A line-level signal is what the POD spits out. "Instrument" is for connecting a guitar straight to the interface, and using software based amp sims. With it set this way, the Focusrite is expecting a MUCH lower level signal than what you're feeding it. You'll be clipping all over the place.

• 3 weeks later...