Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP: Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!

rccampeon

HELP!!!

Guys I need your help. I just got my Helix an hour ago. I turned it on, it booted OK, it came with firmware version 1.03. Went to the line 6 site, followed the instructions for updating to the latest firmware 2.11. The update failed, now everytime I turn on the Helix I get a message that says "Boot failure. Entered Update Mode!" and I see a red ":0" at the top left side of the Helix screen. I have tried to turn it off and press F6 and F12 together and turn it on again but I get the same error "Boot Failure. Entered Update Mode!".

I'm going crazy here, I haven't even use it yet, I can't believe this is happening, I really need your help here. I also tried to update the firmware manually by downloading the firmware file from line 6 site and then started the Line 6 Updater in offline mode, but the update keeps failing.

I have Windows 10, I don't have another PC to try it. I tryied also chaging the USB port as I read somewhere that a user fixed it doing this, but in my case, it didn't help

Any ideas? Thanks a lot

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In the update to v2.21 I get boot failure.

If I press f6 & f12, it shows me "Entered Update Mode!"
Line6 Updater is in version 1.11. The software does not recognize my helix and I can do nothing from the MacBook.
What now?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. Tried to update firmware and it failed.

Me too!!!!  It was half working for a while with the sound cutting out every now and again.  Now I'm stuck on the old 'Boot failure'.  I'm going out of my mind as well!!!!!.  I'm a pro muso and have to use the Helix for some festivals.  Such a lollipoping shame.  I was digging it until I updated it.

• 4 weeks later...

Add one more name to the list. Mid 2012 13 MacBook Pro. I'm trying to upgrade 2.21 to 2.30. First problem was with the backup because I had the problem where the USB connection was lost. Solved that one by following the instructions and shutting down everything that might want to say hello to to USB audio. 

When the backup finished and I used the updater app I got an unsuccessful update and I'm stuck in "Enter Update Mode". I really hoped they would have provided some guidance on the nature of the mythical mode and how to get get there from the 3rd di-flippin-mention. 

Keep you posted. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the same issue.  People say that connecting a different USB cable to the unit or changing the USB port on my laptop will make it work.  I have tried all of these and that doesn't help.  It was talking to the unit fine before so I don't think it is the USB cable.  I need to get the unit back up and factory reset doesn't even work.  How do I fix this?  My Helix is a brick until the firmware update is successful.  My computer rebooted in the middle of the firmware update process and that is what initially caused the problem.