Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't Find Editor

Assumer

There are 3 things to get - one is the updater.  It allows you to do the second - which is update the firmware.

But you also need the Editor.  It does not necessarily install with the firmware.

Depending what you put into the "free software download" window, depends what you see!

No wonder people are confused!  If you see the firmware upload, scroll down - you will probably find the editor next page down.

http://line6.com/software/

I've successfully updated 3 times, and I still find this confusing - try Helix, Helix, MacOSX or whatever you use - right now the first thing I see is the editor - install that - V2.11 (assuming you are using firmware 2.11??) Your problems should go away.

It must be the same version as your firmware! if you are not running 2.11 - scroll down, you will eventually find your version.

I just found to how to get the editor. Should be a download button named "Helix editor'  (silly really)

You use the line6 updater for software on the Helix itself.

You download the helix software onto you mac and install. This feels counterintuitive but then you'll find Helix program in your Line6 folder next to the updater.

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=7277

Will do. I installed the mac drivers and updated with the updater.  Helix shows up under sounds on preferences however not on garageband. Helix does not show up on my mac anywhere else.

You shouldn't need any drivers for the mac. You just need the editor software. 

You shouldn't need any drivers for the mac. You just need the editor software. 

Is your comment referring to not requiring a separate driver file? The 'Helix' app for Windows includes the driver which get installed along with the Editor and the Updater when you install the 'Helix' app. I always assumed the process was essentially the same for a Mac (which I don't own).  Is there no driver included with the Mac version of 'Helix' app? Can some Mac users confirm this?