Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Nut Sauce

Just ordered some nut sauce, thinking my JTV59 had a sticky nut slot on the B and G strings, then noticed the "ping" when tuning is actually coming from the bridge. Is the sauce likely to help that or do my bridge saddles need smoothing?

I wouldn't go smearing that crap on the piezos. Grinding away at them probably isn't a swell idea either.

As for the nut itself, a little graphite from a nicely sharpened pencil will accomplish the exact same thing.

• Upvote 1

nut sauce/ vasoline etc--- fine behind the nut

those bridge saddle piezos get fouled from condensation/ moisture and fine particles of dust and can only be cleaned with good contact cleaner or they are very noisy. I lean the tremolo forward which loosens the downward pressure on the saddles and blast some in there and it gets everything happening again.Of course the correct way to do this is with the strings off and the tremolo blocked but I am a working pro player and I have to find expedient ways to keep my tools going so I can work.

good luck!