Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording dry and processed signals simultaneously with JTV and Pod HD500?

johnmackenzie

I have a JTV and a Pod HD500 and I'm wondering if I can record one track using amp models from the Pod HD500 and one track as a dry signal simultaneously so I can re-amp in the future. Is this possible with the gear I own? I use a Roland ASIO interface for computer recording. Thanks for your help.

on the demo patch provided by SH  change input1=guitar not aux

That's strange. I just downloaded and inspected the preset. The inputs are:

Input 1: Guit+Aux+Varx

Input 2: Same

I don't see the need to change the inputs. This ensures that the patch will work for Variax users as well as those who might use something like a bass guitar in the Aux input. If a user is knowledgeable enough to be using different inputs they can surely edit the input settings appropriately for their situation.

That's strange. I just downloaded and inspected the preset. The inputs are:

Input 1: Guit+Aux+Varx

Input 2: Same

I don't see the need to change the inputs. This ensures that the patch will work for Variax users as well as those who might use something like a bass guitar in the Aux input. If a user is knowledgeable enough to be using different inputs they can surely edit the input settings appropriately for their situation.

try loading the patch with input setup="Preset" NOT GLOBAL.

ie:

Step one: load "hd500 edit"

Set two: Change  input setup="Preset"

Step three load the patch.

The {Input 1: Guit+Aux+Varx - Input 2: Same } is the default if input setup="Global" :)

• Upvote 1

try loading the patch with input setup="Preset" NOT GLOBAL.

The {Input 1: Guit+Aux+Varx - Input 2: Same } is the default if input setup="Global" :)

Jandrio - you're right. Thanks for the tip. Now I see my error.

I have edited and uploaded a new Wet&Dry preset to Customtone. The Inputs are set as above (the default Global input settings) for the reasons I outlined previously. The preset should now work properly without needing to edit the Inputs.

Thanks also to Smashcraft who prompted me to look at and fix this, and to hurghanico for shedding further light on my error.

All is good now I hope. Thanks again.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2