Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I was gonna answer a "qoute" in a thread and get this mess why?

Guitarmaniac64

Clearly, you are unworthy. The L6 Website Automated Response Oracle knows all...now bow your head, and don't let this happen again. ;)

What?

I said something about that i whish they would get rid of the fizziness in Helix high gain amps in future updates.

And the someone qouted me and said listen to some early VH records.

I responded with an explanation that i wasnt reffering to old modded noisy Marshalls i was refering to new amps like Bogner and 5150 ENGL etc.

And said that ampbuilders nowadays have done great work to get rid of som nasty noise and fizz in their amps and just take a a look at JVM Satriani model wich include noise gate on all channels just to name one thing how to make a great amp even better there where of course much more to it then noise gate.

Which someone pointed out to me and when i gonna answer to him that was just an exampel not by any means have something to do with getting rid of fizziness i got blocked.

So plz tell me why i shall bow my head..

No way i do that for that kind of conversation

What?

I said something about that i whish they would get rid of the fizziness in Helix high gain amps in future updates.

And the someone qouted me and said listen to some early VH records.

I responded with an explanation that i wasnt reffering to old modded noisy Marshalls i was refering to new amps like Bogner and 5150 ENGL etc.

And said that ampbuilders nowadays have done great work to get rid of som nasty noise and fizz in their amps and just take a a look at JVM Satriani model wich include noise gate on all channels just to name one thing how to make a great amp even better there where of course much more to it then noise gate.

Which someone pointed out to me and when i gonna answer to him that was just an exampel not by any means have something to do with getting rid of fizziness i got blocked.

So plz tell me why i shall bow my head..

No way i do that for that kind of conversation

Good lord....conducting these sarcasm tutorials is getting tiresome.

But just in case you've never seen it before, the little smiley face in my post meant "just goofing around". But far be it from me to deny anyone a fit of righteous indignation...rave on, and best of luck in your musical endeavors.

• Upvote 1

dont know as it was some time ago i dont visit so often so when i clicked on my notification icon which had 3 unanswered notifications and clicked on the post i made i got this mess.

Go to the notification where someone responded, click on the link to the thread, copy the URL of that thread, and paste it here. Phil_m can then look to see what the issue was. I doubt there are any conspiracies going on. Or you can try clearing your cookies and temp files and try going to that thread again. 

• 2 weeks later...

What you where quoting must have been deleted by the poster....

Posably?

maybe but i cant even go to the thread i dont have permission to visit the thread i tried from my notification email also..

Even more funny now it happened again this time on another topic (Tonematching) wow i think i gonna leave this site as there are some dictator mods in here who clearly dont like my opinions about some stuff..

maybe but i cant even go to the thread i dont have permission to visit the thread i tried from my notification email also..

Even more funny now it happened again this time on another topic (Tonematching) wow i think i gonna leave this site as there are some dictator mods in here who clearly dont like my opinions about some stuff..

For Christ's sake is a glitch, you're not being persecuted.

try deleting your cookies

For Christ's sake is a glitch, you're not being persecuted.

There is no christ duh!! what is a glitch? So now ity is ghlitch on TWO different topics yeah thats odd whats next? 3 topics? 4 topics? you do know that some mods on forums behave like dictators?So why would this place be any different is not like Line6 hangs over their shoulders and look if they do a good job.Man you really need to learn alot about people..

• Downvote 3

What are you talking about? This might be the most lightly moderated manufacturer's forum on the internet. Other than threads that are obvious spam (which the public never really sees because of the first post approval thing), almost nothing is deleted by moderators here. If threads get out of hand they are occasionally locked, but that's very rare.

If a poster starts a thread, they can delete it, though. So if there are threads that are deleted, it's pretty much always because the original poster deleted it.

• 3 weeks later...

What are you talking about? This might be the most lightly moderated manufacturer's forum on the internet. Other than threads that are obvious spam (which the public never really sees because of the first post approval thing), almost nothing is deleted by moderators here. If threads get out of hand they are occasionally locked, but that's very rare.

If a poster starts a thread, they can delete it, though. So if there are threads that are deleted, it's pretty much always because the original poster deleted it.

So it says "You do not have permission to view this topic".if a post is deleted can a a mod confirm that..

Shouldnt it say this thread dont exiast anymore or is deleted?

Maybe we can test if you get the same respond if i start a thread you answer and then i delete the thread?

I also find it interresting that a person delete a thread that is very big and have many pages of interresting conversations in it and also why did he/she deleted it?

And even more interresting that now two threads are deleted (as you think) and those two are the the one that i responded a question very strange.

I have been a member on this forum several years and it has never happend before and now ity happens two times in a row with a conversation that sort of had the same "topic" isnt that strange?

I am interested in getting to the bottom of this strange behaviour, Guitarmaniac64, primarily to show that there is a clear explanation that does not involve 'dictator mods'. Here's what I suggest to set up a controlled experiment:

You, Guitarmaniac64, start a new thread with a title something like "Testing thread deletion behaviour". Describe your intentions and plan in the opening post. Include a link to this thread and request that someone else make a post (NOT a moderator - we have special permissions and that's not what we want to test with). These posters should copy the link to your test thread, or 'follow' it using the forum tool. After one or more non-moderators post something, you delete your thread.

I will be watching what happens to see if I can see anything interesting with moderator privileges. Meanwhile, you start another new post and ask people who responded to the now-deleted post to describe what if anything they see/get when they try to access the deleted post using the previously-stored link or the 'follow' utility.

Hopefully this experiment will shed some insight into what is going on.

So it says "You do not have permission to view this topic".if a post is deleted can a a mod confirm that..

Shouldnt it say this thread dont exiast anymore or is deleted?

Maybe we can test if you get the same respond if i start a thread you answer and then i delete the thread?

I also find it interresting that a person delete a thread that is very big and have many pages of interresting conversations in it and also why did he/she deleted it?

And even more interresting that now two threads are deleted (as you think) and those two are the the one that i responded a question very strange.

I have been a member on this forum several years and it has never happend before and now ity happens two times in a row with a conversation that sort of had the same "topic" isnt that strange?

Could you please post the URL for the topic/post you are unable to get to? That way we can see if anyone else is getting the same message. Also, are you sure that message came from Line6? You probably already did this but I would check the URL when you get that message to make sure your browser, privacy settings, or an antivirus or anti-phishing program did not do a redirect. If all else fails you could open a ticket with Line6 support and provide them with the problem URLs and your login. If there is a Line6 login database that is randomly removing your view permissions on certain pages or posts (seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened) they might be able to help track down the issue. I have seen a topic locked (viewable but can no longer be modified) when it gets too contentious or even posts removed on very rare occasions but when I have observed that happen no one could view them, not just a single user. Additionally I think if you were being targeted intentionally the forum's moderator probably would have contacted you.

We've all seen dumb threads before, but this one deserves an award.

Now if everyone will excuse me, there's this suspicious car with tinted windows that keeps circling my block...I think the forum mods have me under surveillance.

LOL, the tightrope walk between being helpful and serving as an 'enabler'. Just another reminder that it is unsafe to surf the net at any speed without a tinfoil hat. But seriously Guitarmaniac64, forward those URLs on and let's see if anyone else gets those messages.