Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What otg cable works for Spider V??? Please help

Guest MetalnHockey

Guest MetalnHockey

I've been searching for an otg adapter so I can connect my phone to my new Spider V but I can't seem to find anything that would fit the input. What did you guys and gals buy? Honestly it's shocking that the Spider V doesn't come with the proper otg cable. Most people don't own one

• I just purchased these from Amazon:
  •  
  • Ugreen Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samusung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android or Windows Smart Phones Tablets with OTG Function 6 Inch (Black) 

• USB 3.0 A Male to A/B/C Male Cable Cord 3FT 6FT 10FT Data Wire Charger Printer Laptop Pc (6FT, (A - Male) to (A -Male)) w

Go to Line 6 IDEASCALE and vote for WIN /Mac Editor. This will solve so many issues with editing.

I have talked to so many people with Android or older gen Ipads that don't work. Instead of buying a new tablet to use the editor, they return the amp.

This is really silly LIne 6 does not have a Win/ Mac editor for these products. My friend works at SamAsh. Their big return item is the Spider V. Biggest reason of all is not having a Win or Mac editor. Not all customers have tablets, nor do they want to buy any. Add the OTG cables/adapters and you can see where the frustration comes from. This is one of many posts already asking about OTG connectors or cables accy's to get a tablet to work.

• 2 weeks later...

• I just purchased these from Amazon:
  •  
  • Ugreen Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samusung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android or Windows Smart Phones Tablets with OTG Function 6 Inch (Black) 

• USB 3.0 A Male to A/B/C Male Cable Cord 3FT 6FT 10FT Data Wire Charger Printer Laptop Pc (6FT, (A - Male) to (A -Male)) w

I just bought this exact one and it works fine

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, TyeSooty said:

Hello, I require a replacement USB cable for the spider v 60 mk2 amp. Can anyone recommend where I can purchase this cable from please?

Literally anywhere that sells USB cables is fine. There's nothing special about the one that comes with it. It's just a regular USB 2.0 cable.

• 6 months later...

OK. I'm officially going crazy trying to find an OTG that I can use to connect my Windows PC and/or Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android) to my Line 6 Spider V 30 MkII.

The port on the rear of the amp is a standard (not mini or micro) USB Type B, so I need an OTG cable/adaptor with a standard male Type B on that end, and a female USB port on the other end (standard Type C for the PC; not entirely sure for the Samsung - it's not a micro C, exactly, but almost that size). I have an adaptor that came with the phone that has a male that fits into the phone, and a standard C port on the back ... so perhaps a male B to female C would allow me to connect either device? However, I cannot find ANYTHING that fits the bill!

I'm in the UK, so can someone please provide a link to something they've bought in the UK recently that will definitely work for my devices? You will earn my undying gratitude ... and probably that of many others in the same situation.

6 hours ago, aramintan said:

... trying to find an OTG that I can use to connect my Windows PC and/or Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android) to my Line 6 Spider V 30 MkII ... 

Since you have the available Windows PC, why not just connect the amp directly to the Windows PC ... and then call it a day?  The PC interface is better than the smart phone (IMO) anyway, and then you can just use a common printer cable, basically.  So simple.  If you are worried about using up USB slots on the PC, then get a USB "splitter hub".

USB 3.0 Type-A to USB Type-B M/M

3386197?$product-main$

That sounds like a great solution, thanks. 

I didn't realise a standard USB printer cable would do the trick. I've been looking for "OTG" cables only, since it was made clear in various online posts that a simple non-OTG cable/adaptor wouldn't work (device won't be seen by the amp). Would a normal printer cable work?

The B end in your image, though, seems to be too tall to fit into the amp port ... that extra square bit on the top surely would prevent it from going in?

I've not used the PC remote yet, only the app, but if you say it's better then I'll take a look at it.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after a couple of false starts with single cable solutions that (strangely) didn't work, I have now achieved some degree of success ... sharing here the specifics in case anyone else still needs a sure fire shortcut to a solution.

Firstly, I tried the Windows PC app. Even after installing the latest driver, it doesn't launch (disappears after the brief initial splash screen). Really can't be bothered fighting that battle any longer, given the following ...

I AM now connecting fine from my Samsung Galaxy S9+!  I'm able to save cloud tones to the amp, and am super-excited at the prospects of finally being able to load tones specifically designed for any cover songs that I'm playing.

Here's what I bought (UK):

1) OTG adaptor: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Samsung-Type-C-To-USB-OTG-Data-Transfer-Adapter-Connector-For-S8-S9-S10-S20-/392320385555

2) Printer cable: PCSL Pixma USB 2.0 Printer Cable Cord A-B NEW (1m (3 Feet)) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J5BSCL4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_78R3N3T2FK3NSG9V1KFP ... 1m was long enough for my own setup, but you may need a longer one.

Total cost: less than £4.

I guess the same type of approach would work for other Android phones. If your phone socket isn't a Type C, just get a similar OTG (with a Type A female port on the non-phone end) that fits your phone. The same printer cable (or any other, I'd imagine) should work fine.

printer.jpg

OTG.jpg