Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Volume Changes My Gain

khorill

Hi all,

I just boughtmy HD500X and i'm new of its features, then ecxuse me for a simple ask...

If i play an high gain sound and i use EXP pedal, while i turn down Volume i turn down gain too!

There is a way to use EXP pedal to change only Volume?

(I've also try to put an external pedal in a send & return with an FX Loop but there is the same problem)

You could either move the volume pedal effect to somewhere after the amp model, or you could try controlling the channel volume parameter in the amp model with the expression pedal.

But I should ask, how are you listening to the HD500X? Are you plugged into an amp, or are you just listening through headphones?

Similar to what phil_m said, if you have the volume pedal as an effect and placed in front of your distortion pedal and amp then it will reduce the gain a little as you move the pedal towards the heel position. Some people do it like this intentionally and this worls well for using the pedal to do volume swells.

If you put the cursor on your amp and double click the move button (I think as I'm not on my unit at the moment) you can assign exp-1 or exp-2 to your amp's channel volume and set the min and max levels. If you do this instead of using the volume pedal as I mentioned above, the exp pedal should just change volume and not reduce your gain.

• Upvote 1