Point me to real life counterpart wiki

Bangha

First, let me say that the Channel Volume (ChVol) knob is ALWAYS a flat response, post amp model level control. This is like a fader on a console. It's in the amp model, but it's not tied to the tonality of the amp model. It's how I level different presets so that they play well together.

Found on the amps page, this confused me a bit at first. This is only true if there are no post amp effects.  I cant imagine he was picturing every preset without fx. Who would? This is not a good choice for leveling presets. I assumed it was similar to turning up an output block because he said It's how I level different presets but after digging a bit deeper in to its functionality, it was apparent that it was strictly a post amp model level control - as he also said. That should be edited.

Found on the amps page, this confused me a bit at first. This is only true if there are no post amp effects.  I cant imagine he was picturing every preset without fx. Who would? This is not a good choice for leveling presets. I assumed it was similar to turning up an output block because he said It's how I level different presets but after digging a bit deeper in to its functionality, it was apparent that it was strictly a post amp model level control - as he also said. That should be edited.

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume?  Certainly the basic food group stuff - mods, delays, verbs - are typically best at unity pass-through.  Certainly you CAN manipulate volume at many points in the chain, choosing one as your default makes sense.

Certainly when I set up a patch, I start with the core tone first - get that amp/cab singin'.  Afterwards as I'm adding post-fx, I compare back to the uneffected frequently, if I note the fx changing the volume I tweak the mix/level/headroom to keep the levels the same.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx?  Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Blackmore come to mind - lots of great playin' came from guys who had nothing more than amp 'verb on their post signal.  Jest sayin'.....

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume? 

That doesnt apply here at all.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx? 

No, who would fill their Helix up with presets, without using any fx.   

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume?  Certainly the basic food group stuff - mods, delays, verbs - are typically best at unity pass-through.  Certainly you CAN manipulate volume at many points in the chain, choosing one as your default makes sense.

Certainly when I set up a patch, I start with the core tone first - get that amp/cab singin'.  Afterwards as I'm adding post-fx, I compare back to the uneffected frequently, if I note the fx changing the volume I tweak the mix/level/headroom to keep the levels the same.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx?  Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Blackmore come to mind - lots of great playin' came from guys who had nothing more than amp 'verb on their post signal.  Jest sayin'.....

• 2 weeks later...