Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Point me to real life counterpart wiki

Bangha

First, let me say that the Channel Volume (ChVol) knob is ALWAYS a flat response, post amp model level control. This is like a fader on a console. It's in the amp model, but it's not tied to the tonality of the amp model. It's how I level different presets so that they play well together.

Found on the amps page, this confused me a bit at first. This is only true if there are no post amp effects.  I cant imagine he was picturing every preset without fx. Who would? This is not a good choice for leveling presets. I assumed it was similar to turning up an output block because he said It's how I level different presets but after digging a bit deeper in to its functionality, it was apparent that it was strictly a post amp model level control - as he also said. That should be edited.

Found on the amps page, this confused me a bit at first. This is only true if there are no post amp effects.  I cant imagine he was picturing every preset without fx. Who would? This is not a good choice for leveling presets. I assumed it was similar to turning up an output block because he said It's how I level different presets but after digging a bit deeper in to its functionality, it was apparent that it was strictly a post amp model level control - as he also said. That should be edited.

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume?  Certainly the basic food group stuff - mods, delays, verbs - are typically best at unity pass-through.  Certainly you CAN manipulate volume at many points in the chain, choosing one as your default makes sense.

Certainly when I set up a patch, I start with the core tone first - get that amp/cab singin'.  Afterwards as I'm adding post-fx, I compare back to the uneffected frequently, if I note the fx changing the volume I tweak the mix/level/headroom to keep the levels the same.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx?  Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Blackmore come to mind - lots of great playin' came from guys who had nothing more than amp 'verb on their post signal.  Jest sayin'.....

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume? 

That doesnt apply here at all.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx? 

No, who would fill their Helix up with presets, without using any fx.   

Oh, I dunno - in a real life, analog, application how often are you using post-fx to change volume?  Certainly the basic food group stuff - mods, delays, verbs - are typically best at unity pass-through.  Certainly you CAN manipulate volume at many points in the chain, choosing one as your default makes sense.

Certainly when I set up a patch, I start with the core tone first - get that amp/cab singin'.  Afterwards as I'm adding post-fx, I compare back to the uneffected frequently, if I note the fx changing the volume I tweak the mix/level/headroom to keep the levels the same.

Oh - who would set up their guitar rigs without post-fx?  Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Blackmore come to mind - lots of great playin' came from guys who had nothing more than amp 'verb on their post signal.  Jest sayin'.....

• 2 weeks later...