Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Which Mission Expression Pedal for Helix Floor

SteveGordon

I want a Mission Expression pedal for my floor model Helix.

I see now Mission have a generic Line6 model and a specific Helix model. The Helix model however appears to be geared to the rack model with a toe switch for extra functionality that I believe doesn't work with the floor model.

So which should I get. Or doesn't it matter.

Thanks for advice.

There is one from Mission that is for the Floor unit with a foot switch. Connects to Helix Control (or directly to the rack) with two cables, one for the EXP and one for the foot switch. If you must have a foot switch, you get ONE of those. There isn't any option.

Mission pedals are very nice, but my favorite EXP has been the Ernie Ball VP Jr., I think it's the 25K version (but I could be wrong... mine doesn't say what it is).

I also like the little Zoom pedal, but you have to either reverse the polarity and deal with 100% at 50% travel on the pedal (which I prefer, actually, so that's what I do), or make a custom cable (VERY easy to do).

Thanks Peter.

But I'm not sure that I haven't confused everyone about the Helix models.

I have the standard  floor version and not the Helix Control.

I think the specific Mission Helix pedal is specific for the Helix control with the extra functionality of the switch, but I'm not certain.

Just want to check which version is best suited to the standard floor version.

Just a few notes on the Mision SP1-L6. It adds nothing for the floor model.  And since the late update, which added the "auto engage" feature, the toe switch isn't really necessary for Helix rack either.  Sweeping the pedal back and forth has an annoying click as it touches the toe (even when you're not pressing down for the switch).  The biggest benefit it would offer would be tying multiple things to the toe switch (i.e. turning on delay and reverb and a level boost for leads as you engage the wah pedal).

Mission makes great feeling pedals all around, but unless you need the tow switch specifically for something like i mentioned above, you're better off saving a few bucks and going with a model with no toe switch.

Just a few notes on the Mision SP1-L6. It adds nothing for the floor model.  And since the late update, which added the "auto engage" feature, the toe switch isn't really necessary for Helix rack either.  Sweeping the pedal back and forth has an annoying click as it touches the toe (even when you're not pressing down for the switch).  The biggest benefit it would offer would be tying multiple things to the toe switch (i.e. turning on delay and reverb and a level boost for leads as you engage the wah pedal).

Mission makes great feeling pedals all around, but unless you need the tow switch specifically for something like i mentioned above, you're better off saving a few bucks and going with a model with no toe switch.

Just to clarify - the EP1-L6 is the one without the toe switch. The EP1-L6H has the toe switch.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Ah, I have been looking for this feedback. I’m getting ready to grab a couple of mission pedals and was just going to grab them with the switch since it was the same price. But if the switch is annoying, then I’ll go sans switch. Thanks!

I have the floor model (ie no rack unit).  I want a second expression pedal with toe switch.  EP1-L6H?

You can't use the toe switch on the external pedal with the floor model.

In short, you can only have ONE toe switch. On the floor (or LT) it's built-in to the EXP, on the Rack, you can use the one you reference.

Now that you can actually auto-engage the effect, you no longer need a toe switch to get one-stomp functionality, though.

I'd like clarification too (but it sounds that way to me).

The only way for the foot switch to work is for you to connect the extra jack for "foot switch" on the pedal (there are two TS jacks, not one TS or TRS) to the "foot switch" jack on the unit. 

That jack only exists on Helix Rack.

So... that pedal with the built-in foot switch for Helix only works with Helix Rack, and you can only use ONE with Helix Rack.

Thanks for the clarification. Just ordered the non footswitch one.

I'm thrilled I could help.

Remember with the new auto-engage feature, the foot switch is no longer needed and you can have all 3 EXPs activate different FX when they lift off zero if you want...

I'm thrilled I could help.

Remember with the new auto-engage feature, the foot switch is no longer needed and you can have all 3 EXPs activate different FX when they lift off zero if you want...

I order the footswitch one yesterday but it was the same price as the non-footswitch thanks to the other thread with the link to the Line 6 deal (69.99!).  Guess I don't need the footswitchable one but shouldn't hurt.

I order the footswitch one yesterday but it was the same price as the non-footswitch thanks to the other thread with the link to the Line 6 deal (69.99!).  Guess I don't need the footswitchable one but shouldn't hurt.

Right, you just ignore that jack. I wouldn't sweat it if it is the same price.

• 3 years later...
On 11/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, PeterHamm said:

Right, you just ignore that jack. I wouldn't sweat it if it is the same price.

I have the Sp1 with the toe switch .Hope i can use it with the Helix LT even though i may not need to use the toe switch.Hope it would work as a regular exp pedal.