Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD X3 through headphones only

amunren

So i've done some extensive research on this topic, but can't seem to find a straight answer as to proper settings for this to work. All I'm trying to do is plug my headphones into my POD X3 and play guitar. For some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get my guitar to come out of my headphones. The tuner works fine, the firmware is up to date and I don't need to flash my unit. I get a pop when unplugging and plugging in the headphones so I know they work just fine. Would someone be so kind as to tell me the exact procedure to get this to work? Even the Line 6 manual for the X3 doesn't really say how to set it up. I'm not trying to record, I'm not trying to run through a half stack or a sound board, I just want to play guitar in my headphones. Thanks for any help!

Jon

.... I get a pop when unplugging and plugging in the headphones so I know they work just fine. ..

I would test the headphones on another piece of equipment. There is no special setting for the headphones output - it always puts out the processed signal.

After confirming that the headphones are good, make sure your X3 input and output settings are appropriate. For instance, if you have your guitar plugged into the Guitar In jack, but your patch has the Mic input selected you won't hear anything. Same thing if the X3 Volume knob is set too low. Also check the Line/Amp switch on the top right side of the X3 front panel. If that switch is somehow set in the middle position rather than clearly one side or the other it acts as an overall Mute switch for the device.