Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backing up then deleting copies of presets

Diablo1

How do I save all the presets in the hd 500x. Then delete the copies for example there are two metal scooped that have the same effects , eqs volume delay,

How do I delete them in the software. I got 36 presets, how do you gets a 128 presets is the only ways to get the 5 way switch, I'd rather delete the copies of presets than overwrite them

SAVING

I assume you are on a pc and are using the EDIT software? 

You can save patches, setlists, and a bundle. If you want to save individual patches, you can do the "save" thing 512 times if you want. But I find it easier to "drag-and-drop" them in bulk rather than one at a time.

DELETING

There is no delete. So, you are going to be overwriting them one way or the other. 

Me, personally, I have a "new tone" saved. I also have a setlist full of new tones, as well as a bundle full of new tones. Then, as needed, I can delete (by overwriting) a single patch, a complete setlist, or the entire bundle. 

.., I'd rather delete the copies of presets than overwrite them

What exactly does a deleted preset look like?

There is no delete function. You can overwrite/replace them but there must alwasy be a valid preset defined in each preset slot. You can overwrite/replace them with what you consider to be an empty preset if you wish. All factory installed USER setlists are full of 'empty' presets.

There are 8 setlists each containing 16 banks of 4 presets. So 64 presets per setlist (1A through 16D) times 8 setlists = 512 presets total. Press the Presets knob on the POD HD to view the setlists. Use the Nav key to select one, then the Bank Up/Down footswitches to select a bank, then the A-D footswitches to select a preset.

The empty presets are contained in the setlists named USERx.

I did, read it twice, don't assume I didn't!!! We all can't be as smart as you and rude

There's some things I couldn't figure out sorry for annoying you but I thank all the others who helped me a very big thanks to all other but the smart***

I did, read it twice, don't assume I didn't!!! We all can't be as smart as you and rude

There's some things I couldn't figure out sorry for annoying you but I thank all the others who helped me a very big thanks to all other but the smart***

Like I said, we are willing to help. In fact, I was the first one to answer you. But if you think the unit only has 32 presets, you did not read the manual(s). 

Go back to the first response you got - 

Are you using the EDIT software? Do you know what a setlist and a bundle are? 

Again, you did not read the manual. 

• Upvote 1