Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 60 and G10T

Fleetz

About to pull the trigger on a Spider V 60w and possibly a G10T wireless TX.

I see there are a few charging issue with the G10. Is the G10 and G10T the same?

What experience you folks had with the G10T with the Spider V 60w?

Cheers

I have been very happy with mine. Just be sure to remove the transmitter from your guitars after use. The G10 and G10T are identical only the G10T doesn't come with a receiver (the receiver has two  outputs in the back)

The downside of the receiver being built into the amp is that you have to leave the amp turned on to charge the G10T. They just released a $15 USB cable so you can charge it independently now.

The other downside (as far as I can tell) is that you cannot upgrade the G10T firmware which is stuck at 1.0 where the G10 which is updated through the receiver base unit is at something like 1.4

For me the G10T works very well. Leaving it in the guitar overnight has been a bit hit and miss. One night the battery ran down and I decided to always unplug it since then. No issues since.

Is the battery eventually replaceable? With all the photos on the Line 6 website it is hard to see.

I realise the battery is likely to be ok for a 1000 or so charges but depending on the battery type and if is stored incorrectly with a certain charge this can effect the battery life.

Nice to know if it is a sealed unit or I can change the battery somewhere down the road?

Cheers

Is the battery eventually replaceable? With all the photos on the Line 6 website it is hard to see.

I realise the battery is likely to be ok for a 1000 or so charges but depending on the battery type and if is stored incorrectly with a certain charge this can effect the battery life.

Nice to know if it is a sealed unit or I can change the battery somewhere down the road?

Cheers

It seems to be a sealed unit. Plastic cap on each end and what feels like a black anodized aluminium body. There is a seam on the end where the plug is attached, it's covered with the serial number sticker. I supposed its possible you could pry that or maybe the metal TS plug can be unscrewed but I'm reluctant to try it.

Battery life has been pretty good so far. No doubt, when the battery dies I will try and dismantle it. But thats probably a way off.

I like it enough that I'm seriously considering buying a G10 kit for my other gear. It's frustration free to use and the automatic cutt off switch makes switching guitars a no brainer. I have 3 guitars and swap them around depending on the genre and playing style.

I don't see myself going back to cables and haven't really touched my other stuff since I got the 60 and G10. I wish I had gotten it a couple of months earlier. I bought two 10 foot Mogami cables just before the Spider V and I honestly can't tell the difference.