Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Ux1 to computer speakers

I just got my ux1 for christmas and I love using it with pod farm. I have a headset with a 1/8 jack so I bought one of those 1/8 to 1/4 adapters to plug into the microphone port on the ux1. I was not sure how to connect it to my computer speakers though. I have the 

logitech z623. This is a picture of the back of the subwoofer. http://media.bestofmicro.com/C/2/275186/original/Z623-sub-IO.jpg

The green 3.5mm input on the back of the subwoofer is currently connected to my computer. I tried plugging that into the ports on the ux1 but no luck. The right speaker of the z623 has another aux port so I tried connecting an aux cord to the microphone port of the ux1 and it seemed to work but not so great. I was able to play youtube through it and it sounded good but the guitar did not.

I really have no idea how all this stuff works. What would be the best way for me to connect my ux1 to the logitech z623 speakers?

Just a note:

Microphone = input on the UX1;  you would never plug a speaker or headphones into a microphone input.  I've heard of some people using a speaker in fornt of a kick drum as an auxiliary mic, but that's the exception.

On the UX1 you want to use the analog out 1/4" jacks - left AND right, and run them to the left and right AUX RCA inputs on the subwoofer (use cables like these from HOSA:  https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CPR-202-Stereo-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B000068O17 .  Then connect the left and right satellite speakers to the subwoofer as normal (one is a D-sub, the other an RCA jack).